Splendor Of The Seas

We went on the Splendour this spring break. She is a beautiful ship and we enjoyed the ports of call (Western). We had an aft cabin, and I wouldn't book that type of again due to the the distance to anywhere on the ship! (There are no elevators toward the aft on this ship.) That being said, I WOULD book the ship again, just a different cabin location.:)

Hope this helps.

Michelle

I sailled on this ship Jan 04 for a 12 night Panama Canal cruise. I have a cruise booked for 1/06 now. They have a miniture golf course and a rock climbing wall. I thought it was a great ship.

I was on the April 16th Splendour of the Seas western Caribbean cruise out of Tampa. The ship exceeded my expectations and was just beautiful! I was in a category L inside cabin on the 6th deck midship...loved the location!! I would definitely sail on Splendour again. :)

Just got off the ship 4-30. We had an aft balcony, love the rear of ships. It's so nice & quiet back there. The cruise dir. was the funniest one we have ever had. It's an older ship but was in excellent condition. The food was very good & service good except last night. Had the great honor to have dinner with the captain. He was a very gracious host. We would cruise on this ship again.

Just got off the ship 4-30. We had an aft balcony, love the rear of ships. It's so nice & quiet back there. The cruise dir. was the funniest one we have ever had. It's an older ship but was in excellent condition. The food was very good & service good except last night. Had the great honor to have dinner with the captain. He was a very gracious host. We would cruise on this ship again.

I SO agreee about the cruise director, Graham Seymour! He could've done the whole show each night and I would've been thrilled!!!

I SO agreee about the cruise director, Graham Seymour! He could've done the whole show each night and I would've been thrilled!!!

We were on the Splendour in March and Rico was our CD. Did they change CDs recently?

Everyone That I Call For A Price Gives Me The Same Price. Don't They Discount These Trips With Either Money Or Perks? What Is The Purpose Of Checking Different Ta's If The Prices Are The Same? Any Others Experiencing This Or Perhaps Something Different.

We did the Splendour last April and had a GREAT cruise. As for discounting, RCCL doesn't allow the Travel Agents to discount anymore. My suggestion would be to book directly with the cruise line and if the prices should go down, they will lower your price, the online agencies generally won't.

The cruise directors have changed on Splendour of the seas in late march.Now they have Graham Seymour as there cruise director formally of princess cruise lines.Cruised with him on the grand princess about four years ago and he is probally the best and most entertaining cruise director Ive ever seen.

Beautiful ship...(Older? 1996 isn't old for a ship!) Nice atrium..smaller but nice appointed standard rooms, easy to get around plan. Wonderful solarium pool in romanesque style. Wasn't excited about the food both in buffets and dining room, but service was good and friendly.

I have cruised on four Royal Caribbean ships ... this one is by far the most beautiful. There is an elegance and style to the decor that is carried through to every deck of the ship.

The Voyager class ships are tops for variety of things to do, and they WOW you with the decor ... but they have the jarring feeling of going from Main Street USA to Egypt to Rome to Star Trek.

The Splendour on the other hand, feels like one interior designer (on a break from decorating European castles) had the task of overseeing the entire job.

Have sailed Splendour twice--Panama Canal and this past April ( to West Carib. out of Tampa.) Ship is in good shape. Wonderful service. Graham Seymour is the best CD I have encountered in my dozen or so cruises. He is very funny and entertaining.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tatka

Enjoyed the link and pics of European Trip. We leave on 7/14 2 days in barcelona and leave on splendour for 7/16.

thanks so much for the views. Monte Carlo brings back memories of a week I spend there with my sister.

can't wait for this cruise !!! with my father, step-mother, husband and myselft

and numerous friends. !

:D

Archived