PG Day Use Hotel

The new day room spot is the Radisson Hotel which is new. They keep the passengers on now until check in time with an alternative shore excursion if you'd like and a Bloody Mary party with entertainment. You need to vacate staterooms early, but, at least you aren't stuck doing nothing. I've heard it's nice. I leave in just over a week to cruise the PG with a bunch of people I've met on other chat sites and some I've cruised with already.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey there....we stayed at the Beachcomber for the day. The place is nice but the service is VERY different from PG. We got used to having great service and once there we were shocked to find ppl rude and not very willing to help. I have photos if you want to see....just email me jenny_dupuis@hotmail.com :)

We're all back now from the PG, just a few days ago. The dayroom hotel is now in fact the Radisson Plaza. It's very nice, with a beautiful beach, and great sunsets. But be aware that the service is pretty amateurish, so don't expect 5-star treatment. Still, the rooms are very nice, and the food is pretty good too.

We actually spent two days pre-cruise there, and would definitely choose that hotel again.

We're just back and had the day use room at the Raddison. To say the service was amaturish was an understatement. We wanted our luggage and after 2 hours went and got it ourselves while the workers were playing tag in the lobby.

Our only bad experiences were the planned bus shuttles. It took us 2 hours to get to our hotel after arrival and were told the wrong time to get on the bus for the later flight on the way home. Very disorganized. Many people were upset about not getting their luggage and having it disappear. They only hoped it arrived at the airport.

The room was nice but very confusing to get to. Up one elevator, get off, and then on to a differant one. Very strange layout.

The beach had black sand and a beautiful sunset. It's too bad the burn piles went off and the smoke didn't smell very good. Reminded me of Mexico.

We took our shoes off in the room and our feet were black immediately. I think they sweep but don't mop. We were laying down, still waiting for our luggage and a knock on the door rousted us up so they could check the mini bar. Wish they cared more about delivering our luggage.

We talked to other people who had precruised there and after waiting all day for their bed to be made and fresh towels, they went and got the towels themselves. Oh yeh, and don't expect anyone to answer the phone when you call the front desk.

I wouldn't recommend staying there. Our brief stay at the InterContinental was much better.:(

Although I was the one who said the service was amateurish, our room was fine, in fact very nice, with a beautiful balcony. The lovely beach, the sound of the surf, and the sunset made up for any inadequacies. I would stay there again. It was in my way "gruesome".

Archived