Embarkation Day 1

Jezzieone

If the ship is schedule for embarkation from 12-3 what is the earliest you can arrive at the pier with your stuff to leave with the porters? I have heard on here that you can drop off early and then just come back later and board the ship. Any information on how this works would be great! If there are two ships on the pier, how do you make sure your luggage is going to the correct ship? I read that in May there was a mixup when two ships were in SFO at the same time. Makes me nervous to think I might not have any luggage in that case.

Once you drop off your luggage, you can either proceed to go through security and check in or you can simply leave and return before the deadline for checking in.

As far as what can happen if there are multiple ships at the same terminal, that is out of your hands once you hand over your luggage. Just make sure you are giving the luggage to someone who says it is for your ship and that the proper Princess luggage tags are highly visible.

[quote name='caribill']As far as what can happen if there are multiple ships at the same terminal, that is out of your hands once you hand over your luggage. Just make sure you are giving the luggage to someone who says it is for your ship and that the proper Princess luggage tags are highly visible.[/quote]

Perhaps this is an odd question, but will tipping the porter well ensure that my bags will get on the right ship?

[quote name='waldowalters']Perhaps this is an odd question, but will tipping the porter well ensure that my bags will get on the right ship?[/quote]

No. He just moves the bags from where you give them to him to another place, possibly putting them into a bin. Someone else puts them onto the ship.

[quote name='Jezzieone']If the ship is schedule for embarkation from 12-3 what is the earliest you can arrive at the pier with your stuff to leave with the porters? I have heard on here that you can drop off early and then just come back later and board the ship. Any information on how this works would be great! If there are two ships on the pier, how do you make sure your luggage is going to the correct ship? I read that in May there was a mixup when two ships were in SFO at the same time. Makes me nervous to think I might not have any luggage in that case.[/quote]
Are you taking a cruise out of San Francisco?

[quote name='boom op']Are you taking a cruise out of San Francisco?[/quote]

Yes, we are taking the July 22 Alaska cruise out of San Francisco. Cannot wait to go but I want to have a good understanding of everything before I head out.

Archived