How do you book multiple cabins?

We<3WDW

I am planning a cruise for my family, there will be 8 or 10 of us in 3 or 4 cabins. What is the best way to book? I've done 2 cruises, the first I booked on-line and the 2nd thru a PVP. I have to admit, the PVP really didn't offer any value to the booking for me. But with multiple cabins is it easier to use a PVP?

Thanks!

Lora

When I had to book a couple of cabins, I called my PVP. I was able to get eveything done with one phone call. We needed to have the connecting cabins and also required our bookings to be linked. Within 10 minutes, I was off the phone with him. If you don't like your PVP, you can always call the 800# and talk to a rep.

Ultimately, it's up to you how you want to book the cabins. I personally think it's easier to do it with a PVP bc they can link the bookings right away. Where as, if you book online, you'll have to call and have them link the bookings for you.

I think with multiple cabins you want someone to do it- making sure they are linked and making sure a cabin is not upgraded over the others.

I do not know if you can do all that yourself online.

I do know online you will only see a limited availabilty of cabins

We wanted a cabin for us and one for our sons. We called our PVP and she got us a balcony and our sons an inside cabin right across the hall. These were cabins that were not even showing available on the website. I would just call a PVP and ge them to book it for you.

I think with multiple cabins you want someone to do it- making sure they are linked and making sure a cabin is not upgraded over the others.
Why ? Wouldn't this be a nice thing even if not every cabin got an upgrade?

Is it because an upgrade might involve an undesired move of cabin?

Why ? Wouldn't this be a nice thing even if not every cabin got an upgrade?

Is it because an upgrade might involve an undesired move of cabin?

When people book family vacations with mulitple cabins they try to keep them together (forwhatever reason I have no idea why)

so if you book 4 cabins in a row and one gets moved 3 decks up and all the way forward--- kinda defeated booking them together right

and for dining purposes you want those cabins linked together

PS- we are NOT allowed to post agents names or agencies- it is against the terms of service.

We booked five cabins for our cruise wedding through our PVP. We knew which ones we wanted and he was able to put them on hold while we did the "paperwork" and linked them for dining. We made sure to book them as "do not upgrade" because they are booked in a block so we can have a larger balcony. The phone call took maybe 15 minutes and I had the confirmations before I got off the phone.

I am planning a cruise for my family' date=' there will be 8 or 10 of us in 3 or 4 cabins. What is the best way to book? I've done 2 cruises, the first I booked on-line and the 2nd thru a PVP. I have to admit, the PVP really didn't offer any value to the booking for me. But with multiple cabins is it easier to use a PVP?

Thanks!

Lora[/quote']

Hi Lora,

I booked 5 cabins in Feb. I called my PVP and explained we have a large group and that we had 5 cabins who are ready now and more may join us.

He was great I told him where the first 4 cabins would be (Port holes) and the 5 th (balcony). He put the 4 port holes together even asked if there were certain people I wanted next to each other ( good thing he thought of that because there were two people I felt shouldn't be side by side :eek:)

So we booked those 5 cabins; he put us all in the same dinning time and asked if we wanted to be linked so we could sit together at dinner..

Two or three weeks later I called him again to book 3 more cabins, we got very lucky the 2 wanting port holes he put with the others and the one wanting a balcony got put next to the other ( Can we say one big balcony)... the funny part is when we looked on their site we didn't see that available. :o Then he linked those 3 with the other 5 :D

The only thing I suggest you think about is how you want to book these. What I did was have everyone give me their deposit and I called and booked the rooms that way I could be a point of contact and make changes if they needed to be made and could ensure dinning and other items were in order. After I booked all of them I created online accounts for them on Carnivals site then they were responsible for everything else. But for my less responsible family members I’m able to go in and print their stuff so they don't show up without it :rolleyes: hmmm maybe I shouldn’t let them know I can do that and make them worry a little… lol

Now we did just book 1 more room a few weeks ago ( a friend of a friend), I didn't know them to well so they wanted to book it themselves I just called the PVP gave him a heads up that they would be calling him and what time and he linked them with us also.

I apologize you had a bad experience with your last PVP but I suggest giving it another try and if you still have problems don’t hesitate to ask for someone else. This is your vacation and you don’t want to be worrying that something isn’t correct

Sorry one last thing, we had us tagged as don't upgrade... While I would love an upgrade my husband and I along with one other are the only ones out of 16 who have cruised before and we don't want the newbie’s to feel abandoned

Archived