Jewelry stores in Nassau?

We<3WDW

Are there the usual jewelry stores at the Nassau port? I've only been once but I'm not a shopper and don't remember what's there. My sister will cruise with us in November, her home was just broken into. They got all her jewelry so I think the thought of bargain jewelry shopping will brighten her day.

The usual suspects are in Nassau...Diamonds International, Little Switzerland, John Bull, etc. Most can be found downtown on Bay Street.

Sorry to hear about the robbery and I hope you have a good time! :)

Thank you!

you'll usually do as good or better with a good local jeweler - establish a 'relationship' and they'll help you get bargains. Don't buy in the islands unless you REALLY know what you are doing. Do NOT assume the prices are great because usually they ain't.

you'll usually do as good or better with a good local jeweler - establish a 'relationship' and they'll help you get bargains. Don't buy in the islands unless you REALLY know what you are doing. Do NOT assume the prices are great because usually they ain't.

Good advice...but I will add that some good deals can still be had. The sticker price is usually exsorbitent and then they'll start by discounting it something "great" like 60% which only brings it down to a more reasonable price. Keep negotiating down after that and don't be afraid to walk away if they don't come down to the price you want to pay. More times than not they'll meet you close or at your price as long as you're not asking them to give it away.

Archived