Frequent Sailor Benefits

twoflyers

We may travel with a couple who is not a member of the cruise lines frequent cruiser program. We want to be able to share our frequent sailor status with them and are thinking of booking so that I (female) will sail with the wife and my husband will sail with my friend's husband.

Other than "bed arrangements" can any of you share whether this has/has not worked for you in the past??

Thanks.

Depending on what perks or benefits you are talking about sharing, there have been threads on this type of thing and they can get very heated. Some feel that any benefits should not be shared with anyone who has not earned them.

In the past many lines would allow a "club" member to buy two cabins on the same booking and everyone on that booking would receive that member's benefit level even with only one person (who had to be the primary name on the booking) actually at that level. With "elite" benfits now including items such as free internet and multiple cocktail parties that has pretty much gone away. If you have a specific line in mind, ask on their board (at your own peril).

We may travel with a couple who is not a member of the cruise lines frequent cruiser program. We want to be able to share our frequent sailor status with them and are thinking of booking so that I (female) will sail with the wife and my husband will sail with my friend's husband.

Other than "bed arrangements" can any of you share whether this has/has not worked for you in the past??

Thanks.

You can change your assignments at the front desk.

Keith

Archived