How are the Pullman's beds on Freedom?

My DH is wondering if the pullman beds are comfy? He's going to let my DD and myself have the beds. Any suggestions that will make him sleep any better on one of these beds?

The pullmans have a real mattress..just like a twin bed. More comfy than a sofabed!

We've had a pullman for our daughter on all but one cruise (sofabed on that one). I was surprised when she said she was hoping for a sofabed on our upcoming cruise - she said she doesn't like how little headroom there is. She loved it when she was younger.

Well, I think my husband is now thinking about bringing on a air mattress that is a twin size. Anyone, ever done that?

What size room are you in? If it's a regular inside or even standard balcony, there will definitely NOT be enough room for that.

The pullman beds are very comfortable.

You won't have room for an airmattress in the room. The pullman beds are a padded mattress.

+1 Exactly, it IS the same padded mattress your mates will be sleeping on down at the lower "bunk" - they are identical & setup the same with the difference being whoever get to sleep on top & others on the bottom.

You COULD try to place an air mattress on top of it, but you will likely "bump" your head against the ceiling when you sit up, etc. ...

You MIGHT want to see if your stateroom attendant can get you an extra comforter or egg crate cushion to use as bottom padding, if you think it will made a difference as someone who prefer soft mattress.

If the cabin is for 4, you can use the spare mattress from the other pullman or from the trestle bed, depending on the configuration or setup.

My 11 year old slept on the pullman and had no complaints. He loved it as a matter of fact!

He would flip off it onto the bed. Had a great time

Not sure for an adult though.

Your DH could always send your DD up there if it does not work

Personally, I like the pullman because it is out of the way, unlike the sofabed

Do the pullmans on Freedom have side railings (to keep younger ones from falling out)? Also, how do you get up to the pullman, is there a ladder?

This is FOS 8412 last summer

http://img1.sellersourcebook.com/users/1822/fos_cruise_028.jpg

http://img1.sellersourcebook.com/users/1822/fos_cruise_029.jpg

There is a ladder. I dont think DS used it but just hopped up on there from the bed. The ladder did not bother me at all during the week

+1 Exactly, it IS the same padded mattress your mates will be sleeping on down at the lower "bunk" - they are identical & setup the same with the difference being whoever get to sleep on top & others on the bottom.

You COULD try to place an air mattress on top of it, but you will likely "bump" your head against the ceiling when you sit up, etc. ...

You MIGHT want to see if your stateroom attendant can get you an extra comforter or egg crate cushion to use as bottom padding, if you think it will made a difference as someone who prefer soft mattress.

If the cabin is for 4, you can use the spare mattress from the other pullman or from the trestle bed, depending on the configuration or setup.

I slept on a Pullman on Serenade recently. I am an average sized female in my early 40's. The mattress was NOT the same as the lower beds. I checked under the sheets. It is more firm than the lower bed mattresses, a little too firm for me. The head room issue is a bit of a problem for an adult. The length was fine. The biggest problem is if you need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. It is still more comfortable than the pull-out couch.

There will not be enough room for a twin air mattress unless you have a suite.

This is FOS 8412 last summer

http://img1.sellersourcebook.com/users/1822/fos_cruise_028.jpg

http://img1.sellersourcebook.com/users/1822/fos_cruise_029.jpg

There is a ladder. I dont think DS used it but just hopped up on there from the bed. The ladder did not bother me at all during the week

Thanks for the info :)

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I think my husband is now thinking about bringing on a air mattress that is a twin size. Anyone, ever done that?

Well, we upgraded to a different room. Now, we have a window and a sofa bed. One of my BFF's are coming with us. We'll have 4 in the room, but, all you do is get dressed and sleep. So, hopefully, we'll be good!:rolleyes:

• 9 months later...

Archived