swim with dolphins?

buckeyeinmd

Anyone have recommendations on where we can swim with the dolphins? We are taking the NCL Pride next month and wife wants to swim somewhere. Thanks.

Doug

We were able to do this in Oahu, prior to our cruise. Used Ko Olina Ocean Adventures. The boat captain found a pod of dolphins, got ahead of it and then asked us to step into the water. We had wet suit tops with face mask and snorkel. Once in the water you stay motionless and the dolphins Kmight swim below you or nearby. It is, of course, up to the dolphins. But eventually they swam about 15 feet below me and I got a great photo. Consider Dramamine or something similar if you are prone to motion sickness since floating in the ocean is different than being in protected coral reef. This was a great experience and well worth it.

Anyone have recommendations on where we can swim with the dolphins? We are taking the NCL Pride next month and wife wants to swim somewhere. Thanks.

Doug

Did anyone ever ask the dolphins if they want to swim with us?

DON

We were able to do this in Oahu, prior to our cruise. Used Ko Olina Ocean Adventures. The boat captain found a pod of dolphins, got ahead of it and then asked us to step into the water. We had wet suit tops with face mask and snorkel. Once in the water you stay motionless and the dolphins Kmight swim below you or nearby. It is, of course, up to the dolphins. But eventually they swam about 15 feet below me and I got a great photo. Consider Dramamine or something similar if you are prone to motion sickness since floating in the ocean is different than being in protected coral reef. This was a great experience and well worth it.

Unfortunately, we don't have time for anything before or after cruise. So trying to find something at one of our cruise ports. Thanks

We used Coral Reef Adventures on June 14th in Kona. We really enjoyed our trip. Captain Ron only takes 6 people out in his boat. On the day of our swim it was only our family of 4. They served a light snack and a sandwich lunch. The excursion lasted 4 hours (8-12). Like the above poster stated, they drop you off in front of the dolphins, then they swim around you. The dolphins were very friendly and approached the boat as soon as we left the marina. We saw hundreds of dolphins! It was our favorite excursion.

Archived