Bon Voyage Questions

Scottee25

I am considering picking up some Bon Voyage items for our upcoming cruise but I have a couple of questions I am hoping you guys can help me out with.

When do these items get delivered to the room? Will they be in our room waiting for us after our room is ready on the day we board? Since this trip is to celebrate my wife's 40th birthday, and her birthday is on the day we board, I would very much like to have these items waiting for her when we first go to the room. Is that a realistic expectation?

One of the items I am looking to get is known as the "High Seas Gift Set" which comes with a bottle of sparking wine, 2 glasses, some drink coupons, photo coupon, a couple of tshirts and visors. This item is available in 3 different versions: Honeymoon, Anniversary, and Love. What is the difference between these 3 version? Also, in the dropdown that lets you select the different versions, each version ends with "L/L". For instance, the 3 options currently available are "Honeymoon L/L", "Anniversary L/L", and "Love L/L". What does the "L/L" stand for?

Thanks guys!

One of the items I am looking to get is known as the "High Seas Gift Set" which comes with a bottle of sparking wine, 2 glasses, some drink coupons, photo coupon, a couple of tshirts and visors. This item is available in 3 different versions: Honeymoon, Anniversary, and Love. What is the difference between these 3 version? Also, in the dropdown that lets you select the different versions, each version ends with "L/L". For instance, the 3 options currently available are "Honeymoon L/L", "Anniversary L/L", and "Love L/L". What does the "L/L" stand for?

Thanks guys!

I have never ordered that item, but I would think the L/L means the sizes available. Like the two shirts would be sizes large and large. I could be wrong, but that would make sense.

I've ordered Bon Voyage items on every cruise but the first one and every single time they've been waiting in the cabin when we got there. :D

Like gertiesmom, I believe the L/L means the shirts will both be large size.

Have a wonderful cruise and Happy Birthday to your wife!

Thanks for the replies guys! I think I'll hold off on ordering this item for the time being if you believe that they are getting ready to revamp the Bon Voyage offering and are clearing out inventories. When it comes to Tshirts, I prefer an XL over a Large. However, the explaination does make sense. Maybe I'll just opt for some flowers :)

They are usually pretty good about getting decorations done by the time they open the cabins up to guests (around 1:30-2:00PM) but don't expect it to be done much earlier than that.

As for other gifts you order from Bon Voyage they can arrive at any time throughout the first day and if you order multiple items they vary rarely will be delivered together. If you order five items you'll probably get five different deliveries spread out throughout the day.

If it is her birthday on the first day I would suggest having something like a cake actually delivered to the main dining room on the first or second night, they will also do this.

Well I was thinking along the lines of flowers and the High Seas Gift Set for the room. Didn't realize that these items may be delivered at different times. I was under the impression that my cabin steward would deliver them to the room.

Does the cake really need to be ordered ahead of time? Or can I take care of that once I am the ship? I would prefer to eat the cake at dinner.

You can take care of ordering a cake once onboard, this is done through the formalities shop.

You don't need to be in the room for the deliveries, but more than likely if you order multiple items (even 2) they will be delivered at different random times by staff other than your steward. It will be delivered by a staff member from the originating location (food - kitchen staff, flowers - formalities staff, etc.).

I went on a cruise with an elderly friend of mine who'd never cruised before... as a surprise, my husband had our cabin decorated with the Bon Voyage package. He also ordered the wine & fruit baskets and a Carnival towel for each of us. In all he had 4 orders for our room and everything was waiting for us when we got to our room at 1:30. My friend didn't realize that he was responsible at first, and at dinner she asked our fellow diners how they all liked their decorations!

I also ordered the High Seas set for our cruise in Nov and am now wondering how it will be changed by then. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

To answer some of your questions, the different options mean what is engraved into your champagne flutes and what size t-shirts you want.

I bought it because I figured it was a great deal, I added up each thing individually and it was more than the cost of the set, and more importantly, we would actually use everything in the gift set. :p

We went on a cruise in celebration of our 22nd anniversary and my husband ordered the roses. That bouquet had the most beautiful roses I had ever seen, and although they were pricey, I felt they were well worth it. They were in the room when we arrived and I hated leaving them when the trip was over because after 5 days they were STILL blooming and beautiful. Your wife will LOVE the flowers!

Thanks for the replies guys! I think I'll hold off on ordering this item for the time being if you believe that they are getting ready to revamp the Bon Voyage offering and are clearing out inventories. When it comes to Tshirts, I prefer an XL over a Large. However, the explaination does make sense. Maybe I'll just opt for some flowers :)

We went on a cruise in celebration of our 22nd anniversary and my husband ordered the roses. That bouquet had the most beautiful roses I had ever seen, and although they were pricey, I felt they were well worth it. They were in the room when we arrived and I hated leaving them when the trip was over because after 5 days they were STILL blooming and beautiful. Your wife will LOVE the flowers!

Thank you for the information! I will definitely make sure I order them. I'll hold off ordering anything until I see if anything changes with the High Seas set.

Another question that dawned on me... when is the latest I have to order my Bon Voyage items?

I also ordered the High Seas set for our cruise in Nov and am now wondering how it will be changed by then. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

To answer some of your questions, the different options mean what is engraved into your champagne flutes and what size t-shirts you want.

I bought it because I figured it was a great deal, I added up each thing individually and it was more than the cost of the set, and more importantly, we would actually use everything in the gift set. :p

Yeah, it does look like a good deal when you add up all the individual prices and it will give my wife a few things to remember the cruise. When you ordered yours, were you stuck with only ordering large tshirts?

They don't let you take your flowers with you on debarkation? :eek:

They don't let you take your flowers with you on debarkation? :eek:

Nope, they are considered part of the no fruit, veggies, or wildlife. It doesn't matter that they were brought on the ship in the states, they have left the borders and went to a foreign country. This is the if you bring ANY type of flowers or plants on board with you. You will not be allowed to take them with you off the ship.

Yeah, it does look like a good deal when you add up all the individual prices and it will give my wife a few things to remember the cruise. When you ordered yours, were you stuck with only ordering large tshirts?

When I ordered mine back in May they had some XL sizes as well. Both hubby and I wear L so it wasn't a big deal. I hope they still offer it, I mean ust use different shirts, visors, and towel. Everything in it is pretty basic and Bon Voyage should still be selling a version of it when they get the new stuff in.

Thank you for the information! I will definitely make sure I order them. I'll hold off ordering anything until I see if anything changes with the High Seas set.

Another question that dawned on me... when is the latest I have to order my Bon Voyage items?

You have up to the day you sail depending on what you want. They state on the website I think 2 days to a week before you sail is the usual cutoff for online orders.

You could ask Carnival to have the flowers sitting on your dinner table.

That is a great idea but we are doing the anytime dining or whatever it is called. I also know that my wife would probably prefer to not have to lug the flowers back to the cabin. But still, a great idea nonetheless.

When I ordered mine back in May they had some XL sizes as well. Both hubby and I wear L so it wasn't a big deal. I hope they still offer it, I mean ust use different shirts, visors, and towel. Everything in it is pretty basic and Bon Voyage should still be selling a version of it when they get the new stuff in.

You have up to the day you sail depending on what you want. They state on the website I think 2 days to a week before you sail is the usual cutoff for online orders.

Thanks again for the info. I will keep my eye on their offering and see if it changes in the coming weeks. If my only recourse is to order the large tshirts, then so be it. They will fit my wife no problem but may be a bit tight on me.

my boyfriend ordered the happy birthday room decorations for my 30th birthday this past march. they were a great surprise, and really fun! any time someone saw into our cabin they commented about how great the decorations were.

i would recommend them for anyone having a birthday on board!

i actually took the center hanging piece home with us, and it is now hanging from a vent in my office. :D

Archived