Pinnacle Le Cirque question

magandab

On the one evening when the Le Cirque dinner is held in the Pinnacle, is the regular Pinnacle menu available as well? I made reservations for the Pinnacle for two evenings in November/December but, as far as I can tell, there is no indication of which night is Le Cirque.

No. On Le Cirque night, only the Le Cirque menu is available.

For your reservations, if it was Le Cirque night, it would have said so and the price would have been higher than the regular Pinnacle nights. You would know if you booked Le Cirque and can easily check your bookings now to confirm.

Sails is right on that. You can't even order off the MDR menu that night either. Sometime's when I'm in the Pinnacle there is something I really like in the MDR and the Pinnacle staff will get it for me but not on Le Cirque night.

On the one evening when the Le Cirque dinner is held in the Pinnacle, is the regular Pinnacle menu available as well? I made reservations for the Pinnacle for two evenings in November/December but, as far as I can tell, there is no indication of which night is Le Cirque.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO magandab:When they have Le Cirque night on the cruise it is only the Le Cirque menu. It is worth it because if you were to eat at Le Cirque it would cost a lot. On Holland America you could get the same experience for a lot less. The food is very good. When my wife and I went on a Holland America cruise we even had the owners of Le Cirque on the cruise. They gave cooking demonstrations at the demonstration theater/Movie House. The food is very good and you will gain a Le Cirque for a reasonable cost.

For your reservations, if it was Le Cirque night, it would have said so and the price would have been higher than the regular Pinnacle nights. You would know if you booked Le Cirque and can easily check your bookings now to confirm.

Be carefull I booked Pinnacle Tuesday and Thursday on Veendam on 5/20 cruise, then I found out they moved reservation from Thursday to Friday since Thrusday was Le Cirque, you would have thought that it should have rejected Thursday Pinnacle but it didn't ( we perfer Pinnacle over Le Cirque)

"Sometime's when I'm in the Pinnacle there is something I really like in the MDR and the Pinnacle staff will get it for me but not on Le Cirque night."

I didn't realize this, but am happy to hear, since I've made Pinnacle reservations for all four sea days on my upcoming voyage! I was afraid I might be missing something good in MDR by eating in the P on these formal nights. Now I know I'll have a choice!

Thanks!

Sails is right on that. You can't even order off the MDR menu that night either. Sometime's when I'm in the Pinnacle there is something I really like in the MDR and the Pinnacle staff will get it for me but not on Le Cirque night.

If the Pinnacle steward does get you something you would rather have from the MDR menu rather than from the Pinnacle menu, you would still have to pay the extra Pinnacle fee though, would you not? Just wondering.

"Sometime's when I'm in the Pinnacle there is something I really like in the MDR and the Pinnacle staff will get it for me but not on Le Cirque night."

......!

Makes sense. Since Le Cirque franchised its name, I suspect they would want total control over what gets served that night in "their" dining room for that evening.

I just went and checked on the HAL site and since last week they've added the Le Cirque night - fortunately NOT one of the nights I picked.

Last week we were on the veendham and ate at the pinnacle for LeCirque night which was on a Thursday night. (Excellent food and we are a bit fussy)

It's not that I don't think I'd care for the LeCirque food, but I booked based on the itinerary and our scheduled excursions for the day. I'd hate to have it moved to another date that might not work for our plans. I also enjoy formal nights in the MDR and tried to book based on when I guessed those might be.

If the Pinnacle steward does get you something you would rather have from the MDR menu rather than from the Pinnacle menu, you would still have to pay the extra Pinnacle fee though, would you not? Just wondering.

Yes.

I am sure you'd still be assessed the upcharge for dining in Pinnacle.

You are most likely going to have some choices from the Pinnacle menu even if something extra from the MDR is brought to you upon request.

If you have reserved the seat/table, it is reasonable to be charged IMO

It's not that I don't think I'd care for the LeCirque food, but I booked based on the itinerary and our scheduled excursions for the day. I'd hate to have it moved to another date that might not work for our plans. I also enjoy formal nights in the MDR and tried to book based on when I guessed those might be.

I understand. We booked our Le Cirque but we left on Thursday which ended up being the day of departure...due to some lame excuse of a few gusts from Debbie, which had dissappated. I would not have booked it for a time when we would have wanted to see our departure but that's what happened. You can only plan so much and then, the itinerary can change.

Can anyone please tell me in what way is the Le Cirque menu superior to the Pinnacle food enough to justify a more expensive charge. We have eaten at the Pinnacle on various ships numerous times (some we liked betten than others) but never Le Cirque. Would appreciate any thoughts as to why one charges more.

Can anyone please tell me in what way is the Le Cirque menu superior to the Pinnacle food enough to justify a more expensive charge. We have eaten at the Pinnacle on various ships numerous times (some we liked betten than others) but never Le Cirque. Would appreciate any thoughts as to why one charges more.

An excellent question. Different dishes.

Presentation seems to be a major difference. Our personal preference is the standard PG menu.

Sometimes things are not necessarily better but are different.

The chateaubriand served at Le Cirque on Oosterdam two weeks ago was delicious. It was a very large portion and far more than I could finish. I did not like the soup choice and skipped it.

Le Cirque is offered as something novel and a different experience to make variety particularly for those who sail often and have dined from Pinnacle's menu a number of times.

I don't actually think it better but a nice enough experience and pleasant enough to go again on a future cruise though I would not feel a need to go every cruise.

We went with good friends and had a wonderful evening that now provide lovely memories.

Archived