Taku Glacier Lodge

Tina55

Has Anyone Done The Taku Glacier Lodge Flight & Feast? Any Feedback Would Be Appreciated.

Also, On An Older Post There Was Talk Of Princess Canceling The Southbound Train From Anchorage To Whittier. We Are On The Train From Talkeetna To Whittier, We Will Be Affected? I Haven't Heard From My Ta Or Received A Credit On My Card But We Are Not Traveling Until July.

Thanks

Tina:)

We took this tour last year and really enjoyed the trip. Great views during the 20 minute plane ride, and at the lodge. The food was very good, more than we could eat.

I highly recommend that you take a tour (Taku or other) that gets you in an airplane or helicopter; unforgettable!

http://www.takuglacierlodge.com/

I totally agree! Wonderful flightseeing, a great sertting across from Hole-in the-Wall Glacier, and terrific food!

Highly reommended!

Taku is excellent tour.. the helicopter tour is wonderful but Taku is very scenic, great food and the flight over glacier is awesome. You have plenty of time at the lodge to eat, enjoy the beautiful setting... you can't really go wrong with this one.

Another positive vote for this tour--the views of the glaciers from the plane were breathtaking and the food and service were excellent. Just be sure to bring mosquito repellent if you plan to go wandering around.

Les

I have done both Taku lodge and glacier helicopter landings. I like the landings much better than the fly overs. My opinion only. The Talkeetna Whitter train, shouldn't be affected. You will however be on the train close to 6 hours if you didn't already know??

Wow, now I'm really excited seeing all the positive replies. I couldn't wait to get to work today to check.

The tour is a nostalgic floatplane not a helicopter. I can't wait to tell the other people on our tour all your replies.

Thanks also Budget Queen for the info on the train. Yes we know we'll be on the train for six hours and have no problem with that. We'll have a bar, food, great scenery and best of all be with our best friends of 30 years. Life is good.

Thanks everyone.

Tina:) :)

Archived