Question about price drops - New to Princess

parddr

If you book with a FCC, and then cancel to rebook at a lower fare.

I wonder if Princess will be satisfied with the FCC deposit, or

would try and collect the 'regular' full deposit on the first cruise...

This possibility was recently discussed at length & the answer was no...we'd only lose our FCC deposit.

Interesting. I got the name of the CSR that I spoke with because I wondered about this. We did re-book two cruises to be NR-NT and, to date, the prices haven't dropped below their level so I haven't tried out what I was told. There are other cruises where we were already paying less or we are questioning whether we'll actually take them that I didn't re-fare to the NR-NT price.

That's good that you have the name of the CSR in case you find yourself in that situation. However we all know that the information received is not always accurate & that mistakes are made. I've had the same TA for many years who works for a high producing agency for Princess cruises. She is very thorough and for me I would believe what she's been told by Princess.

I was told by my TA that the "red white and blue" price drops available this weekend are for new bookings only. As I have not made final payment on my booking yet, I called Princess to confirm this and they said that it was true but I could cancel and re-book but I would loose my deposit. Does that sound right to you?

It does to me & that has been my experience the past several months for two cruises I have booked later this year that now have an NR-NT deposit.

Only if you had booked the cruise you already have under a similar promotion that, like the current sale, has the deposit being non-refundable.

By the way, if you do cancel and re-book:

o If you had a specific cabin, you may not get it assigned to you again.

o Any Princess shore excursions booked will be cancelled and you will need to book them again.

o If you had Traditional dining confirmed, it may be waitlist only when you rebook.

I've had the same experiences and it's something for each of us to consider when making a decision about what to do.

I was about to post the Pacific time zone for this program when your post suddenly disappeared...what happened to it? :confused:

I guess the moderator did not like it.

Eastern times are 8 PM and 10 PM on July 4, 1 AM and 4 AM on July 5

I guess the moderator did not like it.

Eastern times are 8 PM and 10 PM on July 4, 1 AM and 4 AM on July 5

CNN is showing "Cruise to Disaster" about the Concordia incident.

July 4 8 PM and 10 PM

July 5 1 AM and 4 AM

Thanks for the info & in the Pacific time zone the shows are on earlier:

July 4th: 5:00 PM. 7:00 PM, 10:00 PM

July 5th: 1:00 AM

It's also several times on July 7th & 8th...check local listings for times. ;)

I found it to be the most informative show yet on the Concordia... thanks again!

Thanks for the info & in the Pacific time zone the shows are on earlier:

July 4th: 5:00 PM. 7:00 PM, 10:00 PM

July 5th: 1:00 AM

It's also several times on July 7th & 8th...check local listings for times. ;)

I found it to be the most informative show yet on the Concordia... thanks again!

Looks like it was 3 hours earlier than Eastern time. what a surprise!

We are planning a trip in February with the family. If I book now as to get the cabins we want how does Princess work when it comes to price drops. Do you get them in refunds, onboard credit or not at all? I know that RCCL gives you better cabins if they have them. Thanks in advance.

We have received a credit when the balance due is owed, about 2-3 months before the cruise date !

Celebrity is all business, my balcony was reduced $680 the day after final payment was due. They would not give a refund in money nor on board credit. Painful especially when I was sailing solo Trans Atlantic on the new Silhouette. The Guest Relations desk did nothing either (even when the category was Run of the Ship, so upgrade based on what was remaining - at least should have been honored).

Archived