"Did you pack this bag yourself?"

EdmPair

My experience has been that I check in at the kiosk, then step up to weigh my bag and get it tagged. I show my ID, and that's it. The only questions are verifiying my name and final destination.

Out of more than 20 cruises, we've only hand carried luggage off a couple times, we prefer to have our bags waiting for us when we disembark. We've always locked our bags and never once had a problem with theft. Lucky? Perhaps, but I think there are rare occurrances theft happens.

I am mildly amused when I read not to pack valuables. We always hand carry the obvious, cameras, iPods, meds. But the shoes and the clothing we pack into our checked suitcases and the cases themselves would cost many hundreds more to replace.

I fly several times a year and have not been asked this question in at least 5 years. Not even on my international flights (either end).

We have not been asked those questions in years and we fly a number of times each year.

I haven't been asked those security questions in over 10 years, and I fly a dozen times a year.

My experience has been that I check in at the kiosk, then step up to weigh my bag and get it tagged. I show my ID, and that's it. The only questions are verifiying my name and final destination.

I guess some of us here just have that sweet, innocent, trustworthy look about us, and others don't. :D ;)

It is a question that is no longer asked at the check in kiosk but may be asked if something bad is found in your luggage by TSA, customs or FDA officers.:eek:

It is still asked when flying back to the US from a European airport. We got the who nine-yards in Athens a few weeks ago. "Did you pack your own bag?" "Has anyone had access to your bag." "Were you asked to carry or transport anything for anyone?" "Have your bags been in your possession the entire time?"

Archived