Hyatt vs. Embassy - Ft. Lauderdale

We are looking at either staying at Embassy Suites (17th St) or Hyatt Place - South (18th St) one night before our cruise. We are looking at these two hotels because they are close to the port, reasonable prices, have shuttle to port and complimentry breakfast. Does anyone have any information/experience on either hotel or prefer one over the other? Any information you can provide in helping us make a decision would be great. Also, are there any good eating establishments within walking distance to these hotels? Thanks!:)

We are looking at either staying at Embassy Suites (17th St) or Hyatt Place - South (18th St) one night before our cruise. We are looking at these two hotels because they are close to the port, reasonable prices, have shuttle to port and complimentry breakfast. Does anyone have any information/experience on either hotel or prefer one over the other? Any information you can provide in helping us make a decision would be great. Also, are there any good eating establishments within walking distance to these hotels? Thanks!:)

I'll answer the easy question first: Yes there are some good eating establishments within walking distance of both hotels.

I have been to the Embassy Suites before and will be back there in September. It is a very nice hotel with a very nice pool area. The Haytt Place is around the corner from the Embassy Suites but I have never stayed there. The Embassy Suites is just that, a suite hotel in that all rooms have a separate bedroom and living area and the property is an atrium style building giving you the feeling of plenty of open space.

In regard to the Hyatt Place I have not heard any bad stories or reviews of the place and I think they just went through a remodelling earlier this year.

I'll answer the easy question first: Yes there are some good eating establishments within walking distance of both hotels.

I have been to the Embassy Suites before and will be back there in September. It is a very nice hotel with a very nice pool area. The Haytt Place is around the corner from the Embassy Suites but I have never stayed there. The Embassy Suites is just that, a suite hotel in that all rooms have a separate bedroom and living area and the property is an atrium style building giving you the feeling of plenty of open space.

In regard to the Hyatt Place I have not heard any bad stories or reviews of the place and I think they just went through a remodelling earlier this year.

The HP that the OP is asking about is not around the corner from ES...it is off Stirling Rd a few miles south and doesn't have as many restaurants around it. Recommended restaurants near HP are Las Vegas Cuban and Hollywood Ale House. It is much newer than ES. ES is in a nicer neighborhood and is right by the port entrance. I don't know if either hotel offers complimentary shuttles from the airport or to the port...HP used to have a free airport shuttle but I don't see this on their website currently.

The HP that the OP is asking about is not around the corner from ES...it is off Stirling Rd a few miles south and doesn't have as many restaurants around it. Recommended restaurants near HP are Las Vegas Cuban and Hollywood Ale House. It is much newer than ES. ES is in a nicer neighborhood and is right by the port entrance. I don't know if either hotel offers complimentary shuttles from the airport or to the port...HP used to have a free airport shuttle but I don't see this on their website currently.

Thanks so much for the additional info. Very helpful!! Looks like Embassy it is!:)

We stayed at the HP in May. IMO, skip it & stay at the ES.

The location is great since you have restaurants & shops there but the HP left much to be desired. It was dirty, the rooms smelled, the tubs didn't drain, etc. etc.

My review is listed in my sig - click on the last cruise listed.

We stayed at the HP in May. IMO, skip it & stay at the ES.

The location is great since you have restaurants & shops there but the HP left much to be desired. It was dirty, the rooms smelled, the tubs didn't drain, etc. etc.

My review is listed in my sig - click on the last cruise listed.

Thanks so much!!! Very good to know!! Yep, Hyatt doesn't sound like where we want to start our vacation!!:eek: Embassy it is! Thanks again!:)

Hi Royal. The OP did say the Hyatt Place on 18th Street which is why I referenced that particular one. I know that there are multiple Hyatt Place locations.

Hi Royal. The OP did say the Hyatt Place on 18th Street which is why I referenced that particular one. I know that there are multiple Hyatt Place locations.

Eng 23, lol, people get that confused all the time, but the HP north near ES is on SE 12th Ave a block south of SE 17th St (see, you would think it is 18th St. there). The HP south is on SW 18th St. in Dania Beach by Stirling Rd, south of the airport.

Eng 23, lol, people get that confused all the time, but the HP north near ES is on SE 12th Ave a block south of SE 17th St (see, you would think it is 18th St. there). The HP south is on SW 18th St. in Dania Beach by Stirling Rd, south of the airport.

Thanks for the clarification. It looks like the OP has already decided on the Embassy Suites. :)

Archived