What can you do in ROATAN w/kids

tripletsmommy

How old are your kids? Both times i have been to roatan with my son we've gone with island tours - either victor bodden or rony's tours. You can pick and choose what and where: see the monkeys and birds, go to the iguana farm, ziplining, beach time, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I know you mentioned not booking through NCL, but I have to say that the NCL excursion we did to Maya Key was worth every penny. Unfortunately you can't book it on your own, but it was a fabulous excursion, that was not overly priced in my opinion. Quick ferry to the island (5 min tops), then while there there was a lovely beach, fantastic snorkeling off the end of the pier (my 4 and 6 year olds could do it), an included animal rescue area with lots of different animals, a big area in the water with sharks, rays, turtles, and sea lions that was free to look at (small cost if you wanted to get in the water and snorkel with them), replica ruins, a really good included lunch buffet, a lovely pool, a gift shop, and the cleanest bathrooms I've ever seen on a beach. We specifically booked the same itinerary next year just to go back- it was that good.

We did the Zip-n-Dip excursion with Victor Bodden last January with our kids (ages 6 & 9). We had a great experience zip lining and visiting with the monkeys. The kids loved the zip lines! The Dip part didn't happen because it was raining. It looked like a great beach though. We also wanted to visit the Iguana farm but ran out of time. Have a great cruise!

Roatan is a developing nation, so you have to be concerned with safety (zip line, for example... Make sure it is a double line), food, etc. to me that limits you to established companies like Victor Bodden or going to an all inclusive report such as Mayan Princess.

• 2 months later...

Hi just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to see/go to in Roatan? My family and I are traveling on NCL late november and I want to have some things planned, but I would rather not book through NCL as their prices are a little steep. Thanks for any suggestions and if you know of a website to look at. Thanks

Jen

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
merged OP's threads

First of all, start with the PORTS section at the top of the page. Go to Roatan.

Second, keep reading on this forum. There is a ton of information here.

Third, if you google Roatan travel - lots of stuff comes up.

Third, it is hard to know what to suggest since we don't know anything about you or your likes. Ages of travelers ? Beach people ? Seeking local culture ? Want more excitement like zip lining ? Water desired ?

Once you know, more or less, how you want to spend your day - there are a few really good private tour operators there.

And since you asked I can recommend Bodden Tours.

http://www.boddentours.com/aboutus.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We're also cruising with kids! This is our first time cruising & we'll be on Norwegian Dawn. Our first port of call will be Roatan. I also felt that the NCL Shore Ex were a bit pricey for our large sized family, with not much difference between adult & child pricing & do price drop for large sized parties. We will be sailing with 4 adults & 4 children, aged 10, 7, 5 & 2. I check out Victor Bodden tours per "texancruzer"'s post & what a great site & pricing is great. Because we will have 4+ people, our tour price per person drops to only $25! That is phenomenal four our size of family! I am so excited! I've filled out forms for both their "Best of Roatan" tour, which starts at $25/person & then you just add $$ for extra places to visit, and also their Fun n Sun tour, which was $25/person & includes monkeys, beach time, etc. I would definitely recommend checking out http://www.boddentours.com! Good luck! I hope you have a great time!:)

Mamajules what did you do/see on your island tour? Was it exciting enough for the kids?

We have booked Ronys Tours, but don't know what to do. Our kids are 15 and 10, but we are also traveling with the grandparents.

My son was 14 and 16 the two times we went and he had a great time both times. We ziplined at South Shore (very good/double line) which my son loved (and made sure we did it again the second trip), did the monkey/bird stop - fun,: did some sightseeing and spent some time on the beach at bananarama - no entrance fee, $5 for chairs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Mamajules what did you do/see on your island tour? Was it exciting enough for the kids?

We have booked Ronys Tours, but don't know what to do. Our kids are 15 and 10, but we are also traveling with the grandparents.

You can do the Monkey stop. Go to South Shore Canopy and zipline with the kids. Rony can take the grandparents to a beautiful resort. He will come back and pick up those who wanted to zip and you can all meet for a beautiful afternoon at a fabulous resort.

Hi I am wondering what we can do in ROATAN with kids with out booking from NCL? Any ideas? Or know of any sites I can search for details? Thank you!

My family and I are cruising in November

Ronystours.com - Can't say enough great things about him. We've used him many times. Your kids can also meet kids in his neighborhood if that type of thing interests you. We feel very blessed to travel and our little girl loves to take gifts to the children.

• 5 years later...

I am at a loss. We are traveling with our 15, 13, 3 year old and our 23 month old. I am trying to figure out a way to zip line, but I am guessing that is out considering how young the little ones are. Any suggestions to keep us all together?

Contact Ronystours.com There is a great zipline(South Shore Canopy) just minutes from a gorgeous beach area in West Bay. It is very easy for him to drop of those who want to zip and take the others to the beach. Then, go back and get the zipliners and bring them to meet those at the beach. Very easy to do - spectacular day for everyone!