Anyone recently taken British Isles to Reykjavik?

rmandmm

I'm talking about this cruise: http://www.rssc.com/cruises/VOY130602/Itinerary.aspx.

We're thinking about doing this one next, but in 2014 (if offered). I've searched and there are hardly any recent reviews or posts about a similar itinerary (this is not the Baltic cruise, this one is truly the British Isles).

Can anyone chime in? Enjoyable? Good ports? Weather? Voyager updates?

Thank you all, my travel advisors! :)

Here is my report of the same trip but in reverse 2 years ago. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1207782&highlight=faroe

We enjoyed this trip and would recommend it.

Thank you, Rachel! I really like this itinerary and hope we can do it. We've looked at a couple other luxury lines but Regent has the 10-day which we like because we have the two little ones to leave behind (I'm sure I belabor this point too much on cc). The Oceania is 12 (I'd like to try them some day I think) and others are 14.

Your Belfast info was intriguing as I was assuming we'd do Titanic stuff, but now want to think about CS Lewis, as I'm a fan.

I know there have been debates ad naseum re: Regent included tours, but for this itinerary, it seems to be about evenly priced with other lines that don't include excursions/drinks so I feel ok about using it where we want but also scheduling private tours too.

Thanks again! If anyone else has thoughts, I'd love to hear them!

I was on the same cruise as Rachel but boarded in Fort Lauderdale and did the east coast before arriving in Iceland. It was a wonderful trip. The weather in Ireland was amazing. Sunshine and in the 20s C (70s F). I did the trip out from Belfast to the Giants Causeway. Wonderful excursion. We returned by way of the coastal road. Spectacular drive. I recommend the cruise.

We considered both Regent and Silversea, London to Rejkavik 2013 itineraries. Regent's ten day itinerary has just two days in Iceland, and Silversea's has three days. Tho excursions are included on Regent the price is $8999 for ten days in veranda, while on Silversea back this February when we booked, (this cruise is hugely popular on SS and is completely sold out (WL every suite category) on except for the few window cabins (vista suites) $5600. Per diem including air by both cruise lines is $899 a day for Regent and $622 for Silversea. No way we would spend more than $500 a day on excursions for this SS itinerary. Moreover, tho we have near 100 days on Regent we also have about 50 days on Silversea we love sailing on both lines, cuisine and service are very similar on both lines. As an added bonus, in 2013 Silversea changed their smoking policy--no more smoking in verandas. The deciding factors for us picking the Silversea itinerary; 3 days in Iceland, value, ship (the Cloud (undergoes $20-30 million refurb this October) will sail under the London Tower) enroute to the open sea--Voyager is too large to do this. This sail under the London Tower is spectacular. Pls see the link below. We thus booked Silversea, London Tower to Reykjavik and also Reykjavik back to London Tower. WE love Regent (sailed 24 nites on the Voyager this April, and have another 18 booked this December) but encourage you besides considering Regent, to also look at the Silversea Cloud London Tower to Iceland voyage for 2014. Interestingly, once we described this outstanding 2013 Iceland itinerary to our good CC friend, (TxLadycruiser who writes one the best written blogs with pix available on her Regent cruises) Karen and Wayne also booked the 18 day Cloud voyage with us next year.

http://www.accidentaltravelwriter.net/accidental-travel-writer/2012/05/cruises-18-day-voyage-around-britain-and-iceland-aboard-silver-cloud-.html

Too late to edit...should have mentioned the Silversea itinerary for 2103, London Tower to Reykjavik is 9 days vs Regent's London to Iceland ten day voyage.

I'm talking about this cruise: http://www.rssc.com/cruises/VOY130602/Itinerary.aspx.

We're thinking about doing this one next, but in 2014 (if offered). I've searched and there are hardly any recent reviews or posts about a similar itinerary (this is not the Baltic cruise, this one is truly the British Isles).

Can anyone chime in? Enjoyable? Good ports? Weather? Voyager updates?

Thank you all, my travel advisors! :)

Have you read this thread? http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1645110

Colonel(Ret.)Wes, thank you so much for bringing up the Silversea option. It completely escaped me for some reason. Definitely one to check out!

Also, OrpingtonT, thank you for reminding me of your thread. I meant to mention that I had read that and it is what first put us in mind of trying for this itinerary. It just seemed that there aren't that many CC'ers that had gone for this one, but I guess there are more than I realized.

I really appreciate all of your help and I'll follow up and let you know what we decide as going through the thought process might help someone else.

Thanks!

Archived