Where is the Straw Market now?

Bibble

I know the straw market moved after the fire to the big white tent across the corner from Senor Frog's.

I seem to recall that it moved into its new building, but then got damaged in a storm or something...

Can anyone tell me where it is right now?

Thanks so much!

Hi there!

The Straw Market is now located right on Bay Street and an easy 5 minute or so walk from where the cruise ships dock. It's kind of kitty corner and across the street from the Cariloha store!

Hope this helps!!

It's actually much better than it used to be. My first time there it was so hot and crowded and stuffy that I walked right out. Couldn't take it. We were at the new building a few weeks ago and I decided to just walk around the outside edges of it and see what they had. I then ventured in a bit and did end up buying a few things. It is much better than it used to be. You really don't need to spend a lot of time there or go to far in because from what I could tell, the same items were sold everywhere. The ladies were much nicer and a much better experience than in the past. Definitely check it out. We spent maybe 45 minutes there and spent about 40 on various items.

Tina

Hi there!

The Straw Market is now located right on Bay Street and an easy 5 minute or so walk from where the cruise ships dock. It's kind of kitty corner and across the street from the Cariloha store!

Hope this helps!!

I googled the address of the Cariloha store, and that's to the East of the cruise ships - is that where the straw market is now? (I just want to make sure we walk the right way coming out of the cruise port). So now we turn left instead of right?

Thanks so much!

I googled the address of the Cariloha store, and that's to the East of the cruise ships - is that where the straw market is now? (I just want to make sure we walk the right way coming out of the cruise port). So now we turn left instead of right?

Thanks so much!

take a right as you leave the port exit.. it's one block down.. across from the wharf.. main entrance on bay.

take a right as you leave the port exit.. it's one block down.. across from the wharf.. main entrance on bay.

Thanks so much!!!!

Is it a permanent building now?

Yes it is in Nassau. It generally tourist nick knacks, and other assorted junk. Some love the place other can't stand it. Once you have seen 2-3 different stalls you have pretty much seen what everyone is selling.

• 3 months later...

Archived