apple juice

donleo

I am leaving on the Pride out of Baltimore this Sunday with a 4 year old!! is the Apple Juice one of the free beverages on this boat?? help please, she is addicted to this stuff!

Actually, apple juice is not available on the Lido at breakfast or any other time. It is available thru Room Service and I believe the MDR during breakfast.

Your best bet might be to bring juice boxes......

I guess you don't watch Dr. Oz. Recent studies, even by FDA show arsenic in 2/3 of the apple juice Americans consume. This was on the news too. With chronic use, especially children, it's causing diabetes because of high sugar content, neuro changes, some cardiovascular problems. It gets there via pesticides and arsenic in some water supplies used to reconstitute juice concentrate.

Please Google this to back me up.

Perhaps on some ships, but the "Dream" and the "Legend" both had apple juice available as one of the choices in all the beverage machines on Lido Deck during breakfast hours every day. As I recall, I don't think I've ever been on a Carnival ship that didn't have apple juice for breakfast, on Lido. I wouldn't worry too much about it,,,I'll wager that it'll be available for your little one.

"SKY"

I guess you don't watch Dr. Oz. Recent studies, even by FDA show arsenic in 2/3 of the apple juice Americans consume. This was on the news too. With chronic use, especially children, it's causing diabetes because of high sugar content, neuro changes, some cardiovascular problems. It gets there via pesticides and arsenic in some water supplies used to reconstitute juice concentrate.

Honestly unless you go 100% organic you are going to find issues with everything you to ingest. As with everything moderation is key. Nowhere have I seen NOT to give a child apple juice.

Honestly unless you go 100% organic you are going to find issues with everything you to ingest. As with everything moderation is key. Nowhere have I seen NOT to give a child apple juice.

You are correct about food in general, at least I believe it. But the apple juice did hit the news. Arsenic? Not a good thing. And as for sugar content in apple juice, it's there. Some people even use it for diabetics to raise blood sugar rapidly if needed. Eating an apple alone does not have the same effect.

I am leaving on the Pride out of Baltimore this Sunday with a 4 year old!! is the Apple Juice one of the free beverages on this boat?? help please, she is addicted to this stuff!

Room service always has it, you can order it any time. I have the same thing with an 18 yr old LOL, if you don't want to wait around order multiple cups and pour it in a thermal cup to have some on hand. :)

Its always a good thing to bring a couple of sports bottles to breakfast to fill up for us during the day. The juices are pretty good. The mango mix is my favorite:D

Love that drink. Always bring some back to the cabin. Throw a little Ole Nassau mango rum in it:D

Is this the parenting message boards???? :eek: Oh, I must be mistaken.. as I thought it was the Cruise Critic Boards!!

Although your advice is pretty smart, it amazes me that someone asks a simple question and instead, they receive a lecture.

Catrin

I guess you don't watch Dr. Oz.

No, I don't watch "Dr. Oz", unless I am forced to, which, ironically, is usually when I am sitting in a waiting room at the doctor's office.

Is there anything a TV doctor DOESN'T have a problem with? He's on TV, he's got a show to fill, right? I mean, this one time, it was all about good fats and bad fats, omega this, transfatty that, of course the Omega-3 pills I take are the wrong kind, and the salmon I eat turns out it is really bad for me! :eek:

Naturally, the solution is that I need to go out and purchase the versions of these items that cost 5 times as much as the version I am already using...

A word has fallen out of favor in our culture - "neurotic". I have known many people in my life who were like this - they can't be around colognes or commercial cleansers, they are sensitive to aerosols... they can't wear any clothing made of artificial fiber or they break out in hives... they can't eat anything that isn't whole-grain, steel-cut, 100% organic, pesticide, herbicide and hormone-free, grass fed on a free range with pure corn and mozart playing...

And you know what? Without exception, these are the unhealthiest, or perhaps I should say, unhardiest people I have ever met. They are like the orchids of the people world - delicate, temperamental, overly sensitive to changes in their environment, and not very long-lasting.

I enjoyed a glass of arsenic-juice from room service every morning on my last cruise. I'm still here. Seem to be doing ok.

Is this the parenting message boards???? :eek: Oh, I must be mistaken.. as I thought it was the Cruise Critic Boards!!

Although your advice is pretty smart, it amazes me that someone asks a simple question and instead, they receive a lecture.

Catrin

Just bringing up the point that just because something is "juice", doesn't mean it is healthy. Apple juice is like any other food if taken in moderation. If you reread my post, it states "chronic" use, does not say ocassional use. Some people are not aware of negative effects of certain foods, apple juice being among them. As OP said, the child drinks a lot of it, fine if that's the family's choice, Just making awareness of using too much apple juice.

Archived