How to get from BAMZ to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse

foreverinmyheart

Sorry about the many questions I've been posting but I want to make sure I have all the details before I go. As I mentioned, I am traveling with 2 small kids and the more prepared I am, the less stress on all of us :)

I am now thinking of taking the ferry from Dockyard over to Hamilton and then taking the bus to BAMZ. Once I leave there I would love to head to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse and then onto Horseshoe Bay.

What the easiest (quickest) way to get from BAMZ to the Lighthouse? (the more detailed info, the best!)

Thank you in advance, you are all so kind and helpful!

id hate to have this as my first post here so...HI ALL GREAT FORUM but (ill make a real hi post later)...take the 7 or 8 to gibbs hill then go to horseshoe (and make sure you say good morning/afternoon to the driver...they are 110% more polite there than in the US)...shorter drive and you dont have the ferry ride in the beginning adding to it...if youre taking NCL then youll be there for more than one day so make gibbs and horseshoe a one day trip...gibbs is a 20 minute drive from the dockyards (about an hour from hamilton) and the ferry to hamilton is 25 minutes from the dockyard so do the math...youll be wasting SO much time going to hamilton THEN HS and gibbs...weve been to bermuda twice now and the 2nd time was more productive with the info we got...first time we had 8 hours and 90% of it was a waste (but good enough for us to come back) research the island and see what you want to do...and make sure the FIRST thing you do is buy bus/ferry passes for the entire time youre there as SOON as you can get off the boat...youll thank me later

id hate to have this as my first post here so...HI ALL GREAT FORUM but (ill make a real hi post later)...take the 7 or 8 to gibbs hill then go to horseshoe (and make sure you say good morning/afternoon to the driver...they are 110% more polite there than in the US)...shorter drive and you dont have the ferry ride in the beginning adding to it...if youre taking NCL then youll be there for more than one day so make gibbs and horseshoe a one day trip...gibbs is a 20 minute drive from the dockyards (about an hour from hamilton) and the ferry to hamilton is 25 minutes from the dockyard so do the math...youll be wasting SO much time going to hamilton THEN HS and gibbs...weve been to bermuda twice now and the 2nd time was more productive with the info we got...first time we had 8 hours and 90% of it was a waste (but good enough for us to come back) research the island and see what you want to do...and make sure the FIRST thing you do is buy bus/ferry passes for the entire time youre there as SOON as you can get off the boat...youll thank me later

Thank you for your input, however, I am confused. Are you suggesting that we skip the aquarium/zoo altogether? i really wanted to pck as much as I can into our two days in Bermuda and since the 2nd day we are leaving in he afternoon, I wanted to stay as close to the ship as possible and do some local attractions (dolphin quest, sea glass beach, etc)

Thank you for your input, however, I am confused. Are you suggesting that we skip the aquarium/zoo altogether? i really wanted to pck as much as I can into our two days in Bermuda and since the 2nd day we are leaving in he afternoon, I wanted to stay as close to the ship as possible and do some local attractions (dolphin quest, sea glass beach, etc)

If they were, I have no idea why they did.

I already gave you the correct bus information for getting from BAMZ to the lighthouse in my first reply.

Archived