Grand Princess Home base will be San Francisco.

janacin

When does this start?

Found this today:

Project Schedule (Revised)

Phase 1 Construction ~ April 2012 - March 2013

America's Cup Use ~ March 2013 - October 2013

Phase 2 Construction ~ November 2013 - Spring 2014

Cruise Terminal Operational ~ Spring 2014

For on-going construction updates, please use this link: www.sfdpw.org/cruiseshipterminal

We sailed the Grand Princess in June 2001. It was our first cruise ever. She was home ported in Porto Rico.

After more then a dozen cruises on several lines I would sail her again in a minute.

You would love her even more since she has had her make-over. We sailed her last Feb. and loved the "new" ship.

Found this today:

Project Schedule (Revised)

Phase 1 Construction ~ April 2012 - March 2013

America's Cup Use ~ March 2013 - October 2013

Phase 2 Construction ~ November 2013 - Spring 2014

Cruise Terminal Operational ~ Spring 2014

For on-going construction updates, please use this link: www.sfdpw.org/cruiseshipterminal

We arrive in SF on 16 March 2013 and my Personalizer says we are at Pier 27. I hope it will still be Pier 35 - closer to our hotel.

We took the first cruise on the Grand in l998 from Istanbul to Barcelona. Wonderful cruise, very port intensive - we didn't see much of the ship. It was the largest ship afloat at the time. Folks stood on roof tops in Istanbul to watch the ship leave. The joke was the ship was the largest bulding in Istanbul.

We crashed the press party in the disco before the ship left Istanbul. Lots of fun. It was fun to watch the fire boats salute the ship as well.

Looking forward to having the Grand based in San Francisco. We generally support any cruise lines who have ships cruising out of SF. Have done about 6 Mexican cruises in the last 10 years and one to Alaska. We like the warmer weather cruises. Will definitely consider the Grand to Hawaii and Mexico. Thank you Princess. :D

We arrive in SF on 16 March 2013 and my Personalizer says we are at Pier 27. I hope it will still be Pier 35 - closer to our hotel.

Where are you seeing the pier information on the personallizer? I just checked ours, but only see SF on the itinerary even with "details" opened.

Where are you seeing the pier information on the personallizer? I just checked ours, but only see SF on the itinerary even with "details" opened.

Under View Itinerary this shows next to Sat 3/16 arrival info

03/15/13

AT SEA

SAT03/16/13

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA

SFO CRUISE TERMINAL PIER 27

FISHERMAN'S WHARF

THE EMBARCADERO

SAN FRANCISCO,CA 94111

http://WWW.SFGOV.ORG/SFPORT

ARRIVE 7:00AM

SAT03/16/13

View Details

No Transfer From Ship

You have not purchased a transfer from Princess Cruises for the end of your cruise, therefore you are responsible for your own transfer arrangements.

Your itinerary includes 3 formal nights and 14 smart casual nights03/15/13

AT SEA

Interesting ... our cruise is much further out (2014) but shows this:

SUN04/06/14

Hide Details

No Transfer To Ship

You have not purchased a transfer from Princess Cruises for the start of your cruise, therefore you are responsible for your own transfer arrangements to the ship.

SUN04/06/14

DEPART 4:00PM

CHECK IN 12:30PM-3:00PM

MON04/07/14

SUN04/13/14

Hide Details

No Transfer From Ship

You have not purchased a transfer from Princess Cruises for the end of your cruise, therefore you are responsible for your own transfer arrangements.

Your itinerary includes 2 formal nights and 5 smart casual nights.

I deleted the ports in between ... this shows our departure from and our return to SF.

We are sailing on the Grand to Alaska on 9/07/13, the first day of the America's Cup finals. I imagine traffic getting to the terminal will be totally nuts. But the good news is that we don't have to fly anywhere! Can't wait!

For our May 2013 Cruise to Alaska from SF, our itinerary does not say which pier to show up too. I found this small article in our local newspaper.. When it gets closer to your cruise day, I would check into that.. Enjoy!!

"The new terminal on Pier 27 will serve as the primary cruise ship terminal, while the cruise terminal on Pier 35 will be used as a secondary terminal in the event that two cruise ships require berthing on the same date. The terminal will be appointed with modern passenger amenities, be able to handle the largest classes of cruise ships and will reduce vessel emissions at the port by providing shorepower.

The port also conceded that the project will fit in with the operation of the upcoming 34th America’s Cup, which the city is hosting beginning in 2013."

We booked one of the California Coastal cruises for Apr 2014 on the Grand. Looking forward to leaving from San Francisco.

Not thrilled about Ensenada, but not planning to get off the ship there either so not an issue.

Our itinerary is SF, Ensenada, San Diego, Long Beach (not San Pedro), Santa Barbara, and 2 sea days too. I think it will be great fun and can't wait.

Why Long Beach?

[quote name='waltd']The Atlas says Long Beach. Has Princess ever used Long Beach before. I would think it would be San Pedro.[/quote]

If you are referring to my earlier post about the CA coastal ...

Our original cruise Apr 2014 shows departure from Los Angeles/San Pedro on our itinerary. We cancelled this cruise and rebooked for Apr 2014 where the itinerary departs from San Francisco. We have one port day in Long Beach. The itinerary states Long Beach on the website, on the paperwork we received. Since Carnival owns the Long Beach terminal, it is feasible that Princess would be allowed to use it. The coastal is Apr 2014 is the ONLY coastal from San Francisco in April. In fact, there are only a couple of Coastals for the Grand in the Spring and in the fall.

Fingers crossed it really will be Long Beach. It will be so much nicer for getting around and things to do close by.

Archived