Lima Pachacamac Ruins - food?

RMLincoln

I am trying to arrange a group tour to Pachacamac Ruins and the Larco Museum which will be a 6 hour tour. Some people are concerned about getting food.

Anybody know if there is food or bottled water available at the ruins? And how would one pay for this food/water - credit card? US$ or local currency only?

I read that the Larco Museum has a cafe, but same questions - would they accept Credit Card? US$? or only local currency?

Thanks for any help! m--

There is a small cafe at the visitors center for the ruins and I believe that you will find plenty of places to eat close to the museum. We had local currency so I cant comment on credit cards.

I am trying to arrange a group tour to Pachacamac Ruins and the Larco Museum which will be a 6 hour tour. Some people are concerned about getting food.

Anybody know if there is food or bottled water available at the ruins? And how would one pay for this food/water - credit card? US$ or local currency only?

I read that the Larco Museum has a cafe, but same questions - would they accept Credit Card? US$? or only local currency?

Thanks for any help! m--

We were in Lima in May. There is a lovely restaurant at the Larco museum. We sat outside on the patio and only had a Pisco Sour and a light lunch; however there was a large tour group while we were there. I'm sure you can reserve a table for your group. I know we paid the entrance fee at the museum by cc, but just can't remember if we used it for lunch. You might check: museolarco.org/cafedelmuseo

Have a fabulous time.

This sounds interesting. Who are you using for your tour guide?

We are working with Jaime of PatagoniaShorEx.com They have many tours in South America and were able to put together a custom tour to these two sites. He offered us a box lunch option but that was not of interest to most of the group. There are some who are interested in getting a bite along the way becasue of health issues; most of the group is happy to just bring along their water bottle and an energy bar, then eat back at the ship. It is a 6 hr tour from 8am - 2 pm. m--

We were in Lima in May. There is a lovely restaurant at the Larco museum. We sat outside on the patio and only had a Pisco Sour and a light lunch; however there was a large tour group while we were there. I'm sure you can reserve a table for your group. I know we paid the entrance fee at the museum by cc, but just can't remember if we used it for lunch. You might check: museolarco.org/cafedelmuseo

Have a fabulous time.

Thank you so much for this info - I will check out the website for sure! m--

We did Pachacamac in the morning and had lunch near the Bridge of Size afterwards. Loved the Peruvian food.

Our tourguide suggested we do the ruins first while it was cool, then move toward city center.

It was great. We used Monica Tours.

We are working with Jaime of PatagoniaShorEx.com They have many tours in South America and were able to put together a custom tour to these two sites. He offered us a box lunch option but that was not of interest to most of the group. There are some who are interested in getting a bite along the way becasue of health issues; most of the group is happy to just bring along their water bottle and an energy bar, then eat back at the ship. It is a 6 hr tour from 8am - 2 pm. m--

Thanks! Since my cruise isn't until 2014:(, could you come back and report on how this worked out for you?

We did Pachacamac in the morning and had lunch near the Bridge of Size afterwards. Loved the Peruvian food.

Our tourguide suggested we do the ruins first while it was cool, then move toward city center.

It was great. We used Monica Tours.

I'm impressed by the good reviews Monica Tours gets on TripAdvisor. How did this tour work out for you? Was this a custom itinerary or one advertised on their web site? Did you go with a group? How long was the tour? Thanks for any info you can provide.

I'm impressed by the good reviews Monica Tours gets on TripAdvisor. How did this tour work out for you? Was this a custom itinerary or one advertised on their web site? Did you go with a group? How long was the tour? Thanks for any info you can provide.

CrusingJs,

We tailored our tour for 8 persons at $70 pp starting with this itinerary:

Itinerary:

Pachacamac Temple Ruins--The largest Incan and Pre-Incan ceremonial site on the Peruvian coast. The site has palaces, temples and squares and a museum that keeps the wooden statues of the creative God, Pachacamac.

Indian Market

City Tour of Colonial and Modern Lima: According to Monica\'s information the tour will cover such things as the old colonial center with the plaza Major, Government Palace (House of Pizarro), the Cathedral, Plaza de Armas, other churches with crypts and cloisters. The tour will continue through the modern city and the neighborhoos of San Isidro and Miraflores.

Museo Larco Herrera: Contains exhibits of pre-Incan ceramic and gold. Famous for its collection of \"erotic Huacos\" and Pre-Columbian textiles. \"You will see mummified weavers next to their looms with objects of gold\".

Then our group consulted with Monica based on this message from our tour leader. We arranged this on our cruise critic roll call after we gave each other our emails.

I have also asked Monica for a more specific time line for the day because we really do have many sites to cover. The only answer that I have so far is that "it is a private tour so we can decide what places we want to see and where we stop and that the time at each place can be adjusted by how many stops we make". Actually this flexibility is probably a good thing. I do know that the tour will start by a coastal drive to Pachacamac. Leaving Pachacamac we will drive through the modern areas of Lima, into the old colonial center. Shawn has suggested that we don't miss going inside the San Francisco Cathedral/catacombs. She also suggested that if anything needs to be omitted it should probably be the Larco Museum, which I understand is fantastic but can take many hours to fully explore. We do need to save some time to browse around the Indian Market.

We never made it to the Larco Museum, but the tour was great. Our minibus allowed us to negotiate the one lane dirt road inside the Pachacamac ruins, contrary to the large tour bus from Infinity that required everyone on the bus to walk the entire route.

CrusingJs,

We tailored our tour for 8 persons at $70 pp starting with this itinerary:

Itinerary:

Pachacamac Temple Ruins--The largest Incan and Pre-Incan ceremonial site on the Peruvian coast. The site has palaces, temples and squares and a museum that keeps the wooden statues of the creative God, Pachacamac.

Indian Market

City Tour of Colonial and Modern Lima: According to Monica\'s information the tour will cover such things as the old colonial center with the plaza Major, Government Palace (House of Pizarro), the Cathedral, Plaza de Armas, other churches with crypts and cloisters. The tour will continue through the modern city and the neighborhoos of San Isidro and Miraflores.

Museo Larco Herrera: Contains exhibits of pre-Incan ceramic and gold. Famous for its collection of \"erotic Huacos\" and Pre-Columbian textiles. \"You will see mummified weavers next to their looms with objects of gold\".

Then our group consulted with Monica based on this message from our tour leader. We arranged this on our cruise critic roll call after we gave each other our emails.

I have also asked Monica for a more specific time line for the day because we really do have many sites to cover. The only answer that I have so far is that "it is a private tour so we can decide what places we want to see and where we stop and that the time at each place can be adjusted by how many stops we make". Actually this flexibility is probably a good thing. I do know that the tour will start by a coastal drive to Pachacamac. Leaving Pachacamac we will drive through the modern areas of Lima, into the old colonial center. Shawn has suggested that we don't miss going inside the San Francisco Cathedral/catacombs. She also suggested that if anything needs to be omitted it should probably be the Larco Museum, which I understand is fantastic but can take many hours to fully explore. We do need to save some time to browse around the Indian Market.

We never made it to the Larco Museum, but the tour was great. Our minibus allowed us to negotiate the one lane dirt road inside the Pachacamac ruins, contrary to the large tour bus from Infinity that required everyone on the bus to walk the entire route.

Thank you for taking the time to provide all this detail. This sounds like my kind of day! I think I'll share this with my roll call.

Archived