Laundry bags

kkdleon

Yes 3 bags on a 7 day should be sufficient.

Imagine you had 7 days vacation each year for the last 5 years and one day your employer said we have changed the vacation time and now you only get 3 days per year and they say they think that's sufficient?

Now are you going to say OK no problem or are you going to be upset?

It's human nature to get upset about something you once had and were used to taken away or scaled back no matter what it is.

Bill

IMO Poor analogy.

So at local US airline luggage rates you would have spent several hundred dollars to transport your wardrobe rather than doing laundry. Heck, I would just go use Carnivals $3 washer and dryers before I would do that. I'm looking forward to the laundry service but only for undies, pajamas and bathing suits. I probably won't trust any of my regular clothing to the hot water and hot dryers.

:) I certainly don't always pack that much. On American 3 bags are included when buying 1st class tkt so its a better value to sometimes fly first class if you have a lot to travel with.

Really? ...skycap, porters, bellmen... get connecting luggage...last year I brought 150 pounds of baggage (3 pieces checked plus a carryon) to Aruba for 2 week vacation...on my own.

We take advantage of platinum laundry which is a perk we earned.

Sorry if you do not approve.

So do those passengers add 5% to total laundry sent out by platinum? Silly for Carnival to bother restricting laundry.

Not at all silly when people send out laundry daily.

Also not silly for the platinums who send out laundry for non-platinums, friends, family, pets, etc.

What is silly is those who complain about Carnival setting reasonable limits.

Not at all silly when people send out laundry daily.

Also not silly for the platinums who send out laundry for non-platinums, friends, family, pets, etc.

What is silly is those who complain about Carnival setting reasonable limits.

Pets???

You can get quite a lot in the laundry bag if you fold the clothes first. We make a list of all items in the bag. Just in case something happens. Everything has come back so far.

It doesn’t bother us that unlimited wash and fold is now for diamond passengers only and that we get three bags for a seven days cruise.

We have three platinum passengers traveling in the same cabin. Each is allowed three bags. We could send out laundry every day if we wanted to and it would be within the rules.

What Private Schultz?

I can't believe you are saying that service dogs are scams.

Shame!

Hate to do this but there was a recent thread on this and apparently way to many people bring non service dogs aboard.

Not Platinum...probably never will be. We used it on our last cruise on the Dream. Our cabin steward told us that we needed to put more in the bag. We thought we had it stuffed. Son and nephew were in the next cabin. She repacked their bag and told them the same thing.

As far as I was concerned, the clothes came back dingy looking and all of the elastic in my underwear was half melted from the heat. Like another poster said, it's almost better to pay the three bucks and do your own or wait until you get home.

In a way, I can see where the Platinum cruisers feel that they lost something. I can also see that if they were a couple and still get more than what they need, why waist time fretting over it. You still get enough, just not more than what you need.

Maybe it's because we've only cruised for 35 days on Carnival but we cruise for the experience on the ship, the included meals, entertainment, the different ports and just getting away. I have never booked a cruise for free laundry, pen and stationery, backpacks, photo frames, etc.

Certainly most aren't, Boo Boo. I'm still waiting for someone to bring a pony on board.

Service dogs and other animals play a significant therapeutic role in the lives of folks who need help.

To even suggest that they are brought on board as a scam is totally irresponsible.

Recently, one of the idiots on MSNBC criticized Ann Romney for riding horses as a therapy for her MS.

Well guess what? It works...

Let's be more understanding and less critical of those who depend on service animals for their well being!

Service dogs and other animals play a significant therapeutic role in the lives of folks who need help.

To even suggest that they are brought on board as a scam is totally irresponsible.

Recently, one of the idiots on MSNBC criticized Ann Romney for riding horses as a therapy for her MS.

Let's be more understanding and less critical of those who depend on service animals for their well being!

But there are people that take advantage of the system. While I have the upmost respect for bona fide service animals and a great deal of sympathy for the people who need them I have none for someone that doesn't have a bona fide need that is only scamming the system.

But there are people that take advantage of the system. While I have the upmost respect for bona fide service animals and a great deal of sympathy for the people who need them I have none for someone that doesn't have a bona fide need that is only scamming the system.

So how are they "scamming the system?"

Why in the world would you think this is a worthless perk?

I don't.

Why would it be a enhanced perk for Diamond if it was worthless? I am glad they didn't cut back on the number of towels you could use per cruise. I tend to wear more than t shirts and shorts on a cruise. And underpants and socks.

A perfectly healthy person fills out a form claiming Fifi is a service dog just so Fifi can go on the cruise. That's not a scam?

Who cares if Fifi is onboard?

How does this affect you?

These sort of post simply makes it more difficult for those who absolutely require the use of a service animal.

Edited by yogimax

These sort of posts simply make it more difficult for those who absolutely require the use of a service animal.

It gives legitimate service animals a bad name and that is my only concern.

That does not qualify as a service animal and she is lucky she can afford it.

There are legitimate service horses and I am still waiting for someone to try to bring one on a cruise. Or into a hotel room. Or restaurant.

http://www.guidehorse.com/

Edited by Sargent_Schultz

These sort of post simply makes it more difficult for those who absolutely require the use of a service animal.

I would love to have my toy poodle come everywhere with me but the simple fact is that it is a poor environment for the animal (no where to run and play) and if everyone brought their "Fifi" with them it would sound like a kennel on board and NO one would be able to relax. I understand allowing service animals that are truly needed but ONLY where they are actually needed. There are animals that do truly amazing tasks for their masters. For example there are dogs who can sense when their master is going to have an epileptic seizure and can warn them so that they have time to lay down in a safe place rather than falling down a stairwell or other dangers. It would be reasonable for that animal to go EVERYWHERE that person goes as you never know when a seizure might happen. On the other hand there are also instances of abuse of the system. For example one person here at cruise critic complained that she should be able to bring her "sleep apnea" dog to the main dining room with her. Was she planning to SLEEP there???? :eek: People who abuse the system make it harder for those who truly need the assistance of their service animal.

We make a list of all items in the bag. Just in case something happens. Everything has come back so far.

I take a picture of the clothes we send out. It gets deleted when we get the clothes back.

As far as I was concerned, the clothes came back dingy looking and all of the elastic in my underwear was half melted from the heat.

Out of the 5 cruises I have used the Laundry perk on 3 different ships, I have never had my clothes come back dingy or the elastic melted.