Boston Embarkation

B_K

:confused::confused::confused: In reading reviews about embarkation on Boston on the Dawn, I find conflicting info on what time cabins are available - everything from 11:15 to 2:00....

Can someone please clarify what time NON suite passengers are typically allowed access to their cabin?

Thanks - if I like your answer I'll have a swizzle in your honor next week....:D

BK

The promise, at least as close as a promise can get, for all the NCL ships I've been on is 2 pm. However, the last 3 or 4 cruises, cabins have been available around 1 to about 1:30. Figur e 2 pm and you might get lucky wiht a slightly earlier time. But plenty to do while waiting.....eating, drinking, people watching.

On my prior NCL cruises they have told us that the rooms will be ready at 2PM, but I've found that more often than not they are ready early. Never as early as 11:15 (I don't think I've ever even been on board that early). We usually board and have some lunch. By the time we're done, the rooms are usually ready.

And I'll have a swizzle with you!

Go to the Main Dining Room Aft on Deck 6, have a relaxing lunch, and your room should be ready after.

On my prior NCL cruises they have told us that the rooms will be ready at 2PM, but I've found that more often than not they are ready early. Never as early as 11:15 (I don't think I've ever even been on board that early). We usually board and have some lunch. By the time we're done, the rooms are usually ready.

And I'll have a swizzle with you!

Thanks all - guess I'll drink a few swizzles - will get FeeFour to help....

Actually I'm trying to build a case with first wife NOT to carry luggage on.... This will aid the effort.

Thanks,

BK

NCL will have a spot to drop off carry-on luggage - they tag it and give you a ticket so it is safe... no need to lug it around until the rooms are ready but available if you need/want it.

NCL will have a spot to drop off carry-on luggage - they tag it and give you a ticket so it is safe... no need to lug it around until the rooms are ready but available if you need/want it.

Where is this done?

Thanx,

BK

Thanks all - guess I'll drink a few swizzles - will get FeeFour to help....

Actually I'm trying to build a case with first wife NOT to carry luggage on.... This will aid the effort.

Thanks,

BK

I would only carry on what you want with you (medicine, bathing suits if you want to swim, passports, computers, valuables). We are checking big bags with porters at check in. You can also check carry on bags somewhere when you first board. We are driving past Plymouth on our way to Boston. We'll wave, but you'll probably be gone :)

The earliest I've seen cabins available is 1PM on a Boston turnaround and that wasn't all decks having themselves available. Sometimes they'll announce just a few decks are available while they are making finishing touches on the last few decks. I prefer they hold off until 2PM and do a thorough cleaning of the cabins then rush it so people are not waiting around in public areas.

I would only carry on what you want with you (medicine, bathing suits if you want to swim, passports, computers, valuables). We are checking big bags with porters at check in. You can also check carry on bags somewhere when you first board. We are driving past Plymouth on our way to Boston. We'll wave, but you'll probably be gone :)

:confused::confused::confused: Hmmmm, not sure what route from Michigan goes up Route 3....

BK

Where is this done?

Thanx,

BK

Usually in one of the venues on the deck where you enter the ship. They will tell you when you embark so no worries. When we were last on the Dawn it was in the Bamboo.

We were on the Dawn last week 6/29 -7/6. We had an Aft Facing Penthouse Suite #9232 and our Son and Daughter's Boyfriend shared a balcony room #9210. We arrived at the pier at 10:45 and by 11:30 we were sitting in our suite. The guys room was ready about noon. Have a great cruise!

Check in time, boarding time, and cabin ready time are not the same.

You can start checking in mid to late morning. More towards late.

You start boarding around noon, most say shortly after.

Cabins are ready in the 1-2pm timeframe.

No way these times can be exact. Too many variables.

Many of us take a roll on, carry bag with some personal stuff. We then go to MDR and have lunch. By then it is 2pm and all is well.

Would we be able to drop off our luggage early - like 9:00, and them come back later to check in and board? We will be at a hotel nearby and have a large group. It would be easier to get rid of the luggage first.

Also, has anyone ever had their luggage lost? When we fly I always mix up everyone clothes between suitcases in case a suitcase gets lost. Wasnt sure if this ever happens with a cruise ship.

Would we be able to drop off our luggage early - like 9:00, and them come back later to check in and board? We will be at a hotel nearby and have a large group. It would be easier to get rid of the luggage first.

Also, has anyone ever had their luggage lost? When we fly I always mix up everyone clothes between suitcases in case a suitcase gets lost. Wasnt sure if this ever happens with a cruise ship.

Every once in awhile you hear about luggage getting lost. Usually when there are multiple ships at the same place. Pretty rare.

As to taking bags early and dropping them off. You might be able to that, but is it worth all the traffic hassles? Assume you would take a cab to the pier and then back to wherever you are going. Most hotels will let you stay until noon or so. If that does not work, then leave bags with bell service. Then pick up and take to pier with you. This assumes you are going to be somewhere near the hotel anyways.

Hand your big bags to the porters and carry a small duffel or backpack with anything you may want right away like a swimsuit or medication. Go to one of the MDRs and sit down for a nice lunch and by the time you start having a decent go at exploring the ship, they will announce your room is ready.

:confused::confused::confused: In reading reviews about embarkation on Boston on the Dawn, I find conflicting info on what time cabins are available - everything from 11:15 to 2:00....

Can someone please clarify what time NON suite passengers are typically allowed access to their cabin?

Thanks - if I like your answer I'll have a swizzle in your honor next week....:D

BK

Usually 2ish but cabins have been ready by 1:D

Archived