After final payment - category upgrade question

I booked with a TA for the OBC so I will be contacting her tomorrow morning with my question. I just noticed the price drop and cabin availability this evening so I thought I'd ask here if anyone has had this situation before and can advise how it worked for them.

I booked a quad D2 and am after final payment. The price has dropped for 1st/2nd so much that newly available adjoining D1s for my sailing would be less than I paid for the quad D2.

So, it would be a category upgrade from a D2 to a D1 and I know that is allowed after final payment. But...I would be essentially going from four persons in one cabin to two persons in two cabins. I would be deleting two passengers and adding a cabin after final payment. I'm worried this is not going to work because I'm trying to delete the 3rd/4th after final payment.

Essentially, the same four persons are still going on the sailing, I'm just trying to now put them in two separate cabins. Do you think this is possible? Also, how does one know if the current pricing is for new bookings only?

Thanks for any advice.

Yes, the price was part of the Tuesday sale like MerionMom warned. But it worked out well (sort of) as I ended up getting what I wanted but had to pay just a bit more than I hoped. It is worth it to now have two cabins, two tv's (with kids), two baths, and two large hump balconies.

They agreed to allow us to move 3rd/4th to a new cabin without penalty after final payment and at the Tuesday sale rate. They would not refare the 1st/2nd to the Tuesday sale rate.

So, I went from a quad D2 on deck 6 to two adjoining D1s on deck 7. If they honored the Tuesday rate on both cabins, it would have been almost an even exchange $$ wise, but since they would not refare the 1st/2nd, I ended up having to pay about $400 more.

My agent stayed with the rccl rep on the phone to make sure all of our show reservations were converted. I've doubled checked everything online and everything is correct.

The extra toilet is worth the $400 extra for a full week. I'd certainly be happy with that as you are. It was actually nice of them to allow you to drop the 3/4 passengers from the original cabin since it was after final payment.

Gina

Archived