What to do in Grand Cayman besides Stingray City

shortstop95

Hey there. We need an excursion for Grand Cayman. Been there several times. While I'd do Stingray City everytime I go, my wife says NEVER again. We've done Hell, Turtle Farm, Rum Cake Factory, Butterfly Farm, Day-pass at 7 mile beach- what are we missing? We wouldn't mind another day pass at a nice place along the beach- but the last place we did that at (can't recall name) we were disappointed. Any suggestions for what to do this time?

Unless there is something that you REALLY want to do, staying on the ship is an option! If you've "been there/done that" enough, there's no sense in spending money just "because"!

We enjoy beaches....went to Seagrape...hubby rented waverunners and had a blast! I watched him and read my book!

We have done the stingrays too!! Loved it but want something new. I just don't want to stay on the ship. I have not been to 7 mile beach but some say it is good and some say no, so I am not sure. Dolphin swim sounds fun but it also includes stingrays and/or turtles and/or Hell. Any suggestions welcome.

go to Sunset House

you can snorkel or do a 'discovery dive'

spousal unit can sit in the bar area or if you ask nice enjoy the pool - doubtful you'll see another person from the ship .... maybe crew as they may know this out of the way place.

DO NOT play Dominos with the many Cayman folks there ..... just watch....

http://sunsethouse.com/shore_diving.php

We have been to GC 4 times and we just love to snorkel so we have gone to Eden's Rock where you can snorkel, have lunch, and there are even chairs in the sandy area by the rocks, across the mall downtown.

Also go to the beach at Reef Grill Royal Palms and you can have a great drinks and use the beach chairs , beach cam there too.

If you haven't been to the North end renting a car at Andy's then head up to Rum Point.. stopping at the Botanical Gardens, the Lighthouse, and maybe even stop at their Brewery Cay Brew on the way up or back.

Loads to do.. without a tour ..hope this helps

The auto museum is fairly small but really neat. Very nice and some really cool cars and related stuff. For a real car guy/gal who wants to read all of the plaques with info about the cars and really look around you're looking at 1 - 1 1/2 hours time. They have a nice gift shop also. A word of advice though, if you're going and plan to take pictures make sure you have a wide angle lens that really works. I had my pocket digital Canon and it wouldn't get wide enough at the distance you can stand from the cars. The isles are about 8 feet wide so you need a fairly good wide angle if you like to take pictures of the cars. If I would have taken my Nikon D70 with a wide angle lens everything would have been fine.

Steve

The auto museum is fairly small but really neat. Very nice and some really cool cars and related stuff. For a real car guy/gal who wants to read all of the plaques with info about the cars and really look around you're looking at 1 - 1 1/2 hours time. They have a nice gift shop also. A word of advice though, if you're going and plan to take pictures make sure you have a wide angle lens that really works. I had my pocket digital Canon and it wouldn't get wide enough at the distance you can stand from the cars. The isles are about 8 feet wide so you need a fairly good wide angle if you like to take pictures of the cars. If I would have taken my Nikon D70 with a wide angle lens everything would have been fine.

Steve

Hi, Wondering if you did this on your own.....if so, how far is the museum, taxi, walking, where is it located. Thanks

Rum Point Beach. I've been to beaches and places all over the world, and this is one of my absolute favorite spots anywhere. It's not high end elegant, it's more secluded white sand beauty with some mom and pop restaurant goodness. It's an amazing place in my own personal opinion.

Archived