Does anyone opt not to eat in the MDR during the entire cruise??

A very small percentage of the cover charge for any Specialty Restaurant goes towards gratuity.

I just found this information out while we were on Radiance last May. And I specifically asked the question from 2 people that I knew would give me correct information and not sugar coat it.

I've tried to post it whenever the question comes up. But with all the tipping threads it really is hard to keep up.:p:o

Thank you cruisenfever and yes, it is hard to keep up with them!!!:eek:

Instead you opted for other places to eat, either venues that charge (for which I know the gratuity is added) or other no fee options. How would the tipping thing work??

I can actually see for a number or reasons never using the MDR. Just wondering what the proper thing to do is in that case. Of course I would notify the MDR staff if that was my intent.

These are the questions that run through my mind when dreaming/obsessing about booking my first cruise in 30 years. TIA!! :)

On Majesty, b/c we are on her so much, we rarely eat in the MDR. We normally just eat in the WJ. We prepay our tips, so that is not an issue.

Archived