Does anyone walk to the port in NOLA

blindrid

I just booked a cruise on Jan 6th out of NOLA. I am now researching hotels in the area. We will be getting in mid morning on Saturday for a Sunday departure. We would like to hit the party atmosphere on Bourbon Street and get up on go on Sunday.

Anyway, does anyone stay and walk to the port? I've been on Google Map and really could not figure out if it was doable. I'm not a total pack mule but sometimes seems like it - at least my son (age 31) and DIL will be along :) .

I'm finding all of the hotels being a bit pricier than I expected so I'm not sure where one would stay at this point.

Anyway, thanks in advance and appreciate everyone's wisdom and knowledge in advance.

It is walkable, if the weather is decent and you aren't hauling a lot of stuff, and depending on what hotel you book. Some are several blocks away, others much closer. Once you book, I could tell you har far.

I just booked a cruise on Jan 6th out of NOLA. I am now researching hotels in the area. We will be getting in mid morning on Saturday for a Sunday departure. We would like to hit the party atmosphere on Bourbon Street and get up on go on Sunday.

Anyway, does anyone stay and walk to the port? I've been on Google Map and really could not figure out if it was doable. I'm not a total pack mule but sometimes seems like it - at least my son (age 31) and DIL will be along :) .

I'm finding all of the hotels being a bit pricier than I expected so I'm not sure where one would stay at this point.

Anyway, thanks in advance and appreciate everyone's wisdom and knowledge in advance.

It is walkable, but I don't think I'd want to do it. A cab is a simple, cheap option - why wear yourself out in the heat and humidity of New Orleans?

We usually stay in an A list hotel for less than $100. Marriott's, Doubletree and Hilton. You have to book well in advance Marriott Canal St was $89 and Marriott Convention Center was $99.

I would not try to walk, traffic, streets and weather all make it not worthwhile for us. We have never paid more than $7 from a Canal St area hotel.

Not sure what is going on in NOLA for Jan 5th / 6th but hotel prices are more in the $200 range than the $100.

Suppose I better grab something regardless of trying to find a deal.

Might be because its New Year's week......

Not sure what is going on in NOLA for Jan 5th / 6th but hotel prices are more in the $200 range than the $100.

Suppose I better grab something regardless of trying to find a deal.

The Sugar Bowl is January 2. A lot of people may stay after the game.

Archived