ABC World News is just WRONG

KenNBarbie

Sorry Diane Sawyer, but that was NOT a Carnival cruise ship - it was a Costa Cruise Line ship, part of the Carnival family of 7 cruise lines. Why would ABC allow for such an obvious error?

That's like saying the ABC TV network is Disney Network - just because Disney is the parent company.

Very annoying.

Sorry Diane Sawyer, but that was NOT a Carnival cruise ship - it was a Costa Cruise Line ship, part of the Carnival family of 7 cruise lines. Why would ABC allow for such an obvious error?

That's like saying the ABC TV network is Disney Network - just because Disney is the parent company.

Very annoying.

I would blame Carnival for their choice in naming the parent company. Carnival Corp. owns Costa. So it is a Carnival owned ship. I would like to hear or read the direct quote.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Very annoying.

She had been doing that since the day of the Concordia sinking, don't think she's going to change now!

Actually it is a Carnival ship, just run by Costa. Exact same design as the Carnival Conquest class, same hull and interior layout, just different interior furnishings. After seeing how easily that ship capsized and that it is almost identical to the Conquest/Destiny class, I am not so sure I would want to sail on these ships. All power generation was in the same spot, poor design. Just food for thought.:D

This reminds me of the Norweigian boards when the posters there used to get mad when people were trashing NCLA and calling it NCL.

Blame the namers. Carnival Cruise Lines flows very easily when trying to say Carnival Corp.

And besides, why would this annoy anyone else besides the people at Carnival.

Sorry Diane Sawyer, but that was NOT a Carnival cruise ship - it was a Costa Cruise Line ship . . .

I would blame Carnival for their choice in naming the parent company. Carnival Corp. owns Costa. So it is a Carnival owned ship.

Blame the namers. Carnival Cruise Lines flows very easily when trying to say Carnival Corp.

Yep, be it Costa, Princess, Carnival, Cunard, or any of the other cousins . . .

To their ownership the stock quote name is CCL no matter which individual is being discussed.

Actually it is a Carnival ship, just run by Costa. Exact same design as the Carnival Conquest class, same hull and interior layout, just different interior furnishings. After seeing how easily that ship capsized and that it is almost identical to the Conquest/Destiny class, I am not so sure I would want to sail on these ships. All power generation was in the same spot, poor design. Just food for thought.:D

Actually, it's the same design as the Splendor.

She does it because she can. It's not technically wrong, but she's also not going to explain that she means Carnival Corp that actually owns several cruise lines. Usually when the European reports affiliated with ABC talk about it, they actually say Costa.

Not Conquest Class. It is the exact same as The Splendor. They are sister ships. Costa could not afford 2 ships so Carnival Cruise Lines bought Splendor.

Actually, it's the same design as the Splendor.

Was gonna say..... the Costa Concordia class ships may be similiar to the Carnival Conquest class, but they are not the same. The Splendor was originally planned as a Costa Concordia class ship but diverted to Carnival as the Splendor (and the only ship in the Splendor class).

Edit: It annoys me too when the media refer to Costa as if it were owned by Carnival Cruise lines..... it's like saying Cadillac is owned by Chevrolet. I wish the Carnival parent corporation would change it's name.

Was gonna say..... the Costa Concordia class ships may be similiar to the Carnival Conquest class, but they are not the same. The Splendor was originally planned as a Costa Concordia class ship but diverted to Carnival as the Splendor (and the only ship in the Splendor class).

Edit: It annoys me too when the media refer to Costa as if it were owned by Carnival Cruise lines..... it's like saying Cadillac is owned by Chevrolet. I wish the Carnival parent corporation would change it's name.

to JOhn Heald Cruise Lines? LOL

Very annoying.

My DH and I both yelled out at her at the same time.

Interesting thing that I taught my daughter when she was younger, was that her behaviors reflected on the whole family. I expected her to behave in a manner that would make her family proud, not ashamed. And she did make us proud.

Likewise, Carnival and its child, Costa -- but in this case the child shamed the whole family. I see nothing out of the ordinary with Carnival taking the full brunt of hiring such an idiot to captain one of its subsidiary's vessels.

And no, it doesn't help Disney cruises to have so much negative press about the cruise industry. Not even it it's aimed at Carnival. Their marketing experts surely realize that the Costa Concordia episode discredited the entire industry because a significant number of people are likely to wonder whether any cruise ship is safe. There are lots of events that would come to a consumer's mind regarding everything from water taxis to tour boats, ferry boats, cruise ships, and commercial ships: sinkings, near sinkings, strandings, hijackings and piracy, outbreaks of illness, illegal dumping, and so on. None of this helps Disney or anyone else in the industry as they endeavor to draw even a few more percent of vacationers into cruising.

Very annoying.

As soon as I heard her say Carnival, I immediately said the same thing.:eek: The lesson learned is you can't take what the news says to be the absolute truth:D

Archived