Bullet style review, Miracle 7/1-7/9/12

asylum575

Asylum, I just noticed you live in Rockland County. I will be sailing the Miracle on November 14th and will also be coming into the city from Rockland that morning (even though I live in Ottawa now, I grew up in Rockland & my parents are still there).

Anyway, I was wondering which car service you used. I am debating using a car service (much more convenient than parking, especially since the day we disembark we will have to deal with Thanksgiving Day traffic) versus just taking the TZ Express bus to Metro North to GCT. Any advice on the service you used would be appreciated.

TIA!

Yikes!! You guys in NY have expensive prices!! $7.50 for a bowl of soup? OUCH!

@Jimmy Geegus Kudos to you my friend for being such a ChiTown cheerleader!! :D

This is why I laugh when people have expectations of 5 star dining on a Carnival cruise ship!

If I pay $7.50 (plus tax + tip) for soup at "a deli" (I guess you'd say something like a diner).....imagine what I'd pay for 5 star dining. One meal, for one person, would cost more than a full day on a ship.

I could live a lot cheaper on a ship than I do on land. That's for sure. My rent alone is about $100/day!

Just be happy he didn't put mayo on it!

Here's what deli food is supposed to be like:

http://www.2ndavedeli.com/wp-content/uploads/menus/dine-in.pdf

Thanks for the yummy menu! Even though I live in Orange County, I commute daily into the city to work....so, thank god, can take advantage of all the goodness!

Among my favorites: chopped liver, stuffed cabbage....& potato pancakes... but with sour cream not applesauce! ;).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived