Packing for PG

From reading other posts here, I kinda get the idea of what to pack to wear to dinner on the Paul Gauguin. What do you pack for the daytime? Are you in your swim suit most of the time? How about at lunch on the ship? I'd like to pack light, but have what I need. Thanks!

we were on the PG for two weeks in March...for lunch we dressed light--shorts, polo shirt, nickers (not sure what the ladies call those calf length pants) and comfortable blouse (we changed out of our excursion (dive/snorkle clothes) if we ate at Le Veranda vs Pool side or Le Grill (don't miss the theme lunches at Le Veranda (ie. French, Italian, Mexican, Asian--different theme each day)..have fun...r/wes

Thymegirl, I agree with Wes, keep it light.

For breakfast and lunch, shorts and a polo shirt, or capris. No bathing suits in the dining rooms at any time.

With the heat and the water sports, you may find yourself changing several times a day.

For dinner, summer dresses, nice top with long skirt, pant suit, maybe a light wrap. Think tropical summer garden party attire. My outfits are all ready to go into the suitcase--we leave next week!

Don't forget a hat to protect you from the sun, reef shoes, and plenty of sunscreen.

Colonel Wes and Wendy,

Thanks for the help! I'll try....really try to keep it light!

Have fun, Wendy. How exciting to be leaving next week! Please tell us all about your trip when you get home. Bon Voyage! Thymegirl

Hi- All you'll need for daytime is bathing suits, cover-ups and some shorts and t-shirts. Yhe most important thing is plenty of sunscreen, hats and good reef shoes. For evening, linen pants and a nice shirt or sundress. We were there 2 years ago and I packed way too many clothes. We leave again on 5/28 and I'll have one large suitcase for the 2 of us. When do you go?

Carol

We are going on Oct. 8th with a pre-cruise in Moorea for 4 nights. I've been trying to find others who are going then, but haven't had any response yet.

Before (Caribbean cruises) I've taken too many nice things to wear during the day, but it sounds like I'll need more water oriented-very casual shorts and t-shirts to wear during the day. Maybe a few nicer shorts to wear to breakfast and lunch.

Really excited already. We've been thinking of this for a few years and finally decided --"it's time".

Thanks for all the help!

Thymegirl

Archived