Aloha from Maui, We are checked in but they told us there was no LIFE BOAT DRILL

LAFFNVEGAS

Oh MY:eek: :o I just realized how badly my spelling and typing was in my description of today. I wish I could blame it on too many Blue Hawaii' to drink in actuality I was just in a hurry and typing on my laptop is harder than my computer at home. We really need spell check and grammer check on the chat board. For easier reading here is a corrected copy.

aloha to all my CC Friends, It is now 5:10 Hawaii time and we just got back from a very full exhausting shopping day in Lahaina. And did we every shop. The money spent could of bought another cruise:eek: I found a diamond and tanzanite ring that was more than calling my name, so much so that I wear a 4.5 ring and it was a perfect fit. I had been looking for a 3 carat tanzanite when we were just in the Caribbean to replace a cheaper low quality one I had but loved the setting. We thought the price in the Caribbean were just too high for the size and color and cut I wanted, everyone was over $3500 so I passed. Well, I was quite impressed with what I found in Lahaina. I found a round dark blue that was 3.85 of tanzanite and 1.75 of diamonds for $2400 out the door of course being the car sales person that I am we worked on the price. We figured that if we really want this upgrade to an S suite on the Maasdam, by spending this money our TA will for sure call and say we have it but is going to cost $1000 plus. If we did not buy the ring we will never get off the wait list to get the S Suite and then I would be kicking myself for not buying the ring. So What's a Girl Got To Do??:p

OK, A little bit about the Spa, it was definitely like nothing I have ever been to. Living in Las Vegas I have been lucky enough to have gone to several highly rated Spas this one at the Grand Wailea is truly the BEST. First one must not be modest because in the ladies section 90% were totally nude that took a little getting use to:o The locker rooms over every amenities you can think of. There is a very large Hydrotherapy Pool with cold plunge. There is a dry sauna and a steam sauna with Eucalyptus Steam room. They have the cold cucumbers to lay on your eyes with scented cold wash clothes. Then there is a Japanese Furo Bath with a cold Japanese Plunge Pool. Then there are 5 Aromatic Baths to soak in. One is Papaya and melon, another is Mineral water and something else, another is Seaweed, another is a mud bath and the other is eucalyptus. In between soaking in each of these baths you go and shower off and not just any shower, these showers have about 50 small jets that go from floor to head height for me but for most I am sure it is shoulder height. Then there is this Cascading Water Fall Massage shower. Then after enjoying all this for just over an hour they call your names and a personal spa attendant gives you a complimentary body scrub of Hawaiian exfoliates. That was wonderful I could of had her do that for an hour so two Then I went back to the steam room a few more minutes till they called my name to change for my 80 minute Spa Grande Signature Massage. I felt like I was in heaven. After the massage I went back and enjoyed all those wonderful things again. I really made a day of it. Right now I am planning to do it again Saturday and do the Pohaku Hot Lava Stone Massage. But I am feeling a little guilty about spending so much money.

Sorry to repeat but maybe now you will understand what I wrote before.

OK now I am trying a experiment on posting another picture a different way.

It did not work so I will just have to post the way I was doing it.

This picture was taen tonight at sunset, it was very beautiful tonight.

1360963767_maui3005.jpg.fb45cd2b5de0a46981391bde549823a8.jpg

Isn't it about time to hop in the car and head out the Hana Highway?

Dave, I have heard from so many that Hana is so beautiful but..... It has been bad enough taking these mini buses into Lahaina with the motion sickness I sometimes get. What I have heard about the Road to Hana, well let's just say I think I will pass.:o

I did go snorkeling out at Molikini and swiming with the sea turtles in Turtle Town off of Wailea Point today. What a full day but oh what fun. The water was calmer and easier to snorkel here but the water is more beautiful in the Caribbean.

It is amazing how fast these days go by when you are having fun. We have only one more full day then we head home Sunday.

869057058_molakinisnorkel008.jpg.75cb950004d1b2e737ebb29fe54c8092.jpg

LAFFNVEGAS, I have been reading your posts and I really enjoy them. One year ago dh & I were in Hawaii (and on the Wind cruise around Hawaii) for our 25th anniversary. We loved Lahaina too. Question, we are planning our next cruise and we are going to the Caribbean. You say that the water in the Caribbean is more beautiful than Hawaii??? Does that hold true for both the Eastern and Western Caribbean? We snorkled out of Lahaina (were supposed to go to Molokini but it was too rough), and it wasn't smooth AT ALL. I have motion sickness issues too and it was way to rough for me. I'm glad you had a great time. Your pictures are gorgeous!

Archived