Aloha from Maui, We are checked in but they told us there was no LIFE BOAT DRILL

LAFFNVEGAS

Aloha to all our CC Friends, we are here in beautiful Wailea Maui where it is extremely humid. We are already missing the Life Boat Drill and we do not have an Assigned table for a 6:15 dinner. The worse part is there is not Room Steward or Concierge or Yum Yum Man:(

Our room has an ocean view but the ocean is so far away. Plus it is not near as big as a S Suite and the cost is double. Tom and I both agree we would rather be cruising but we will make the best of this situation:D Luckily we are wearing these green wrist bands that give us unlimited drinks at all the bars so we will manage to get thru these next five days :p

I will keep you posted on our excursions.

Aloha from Maui,

Lisa and Tom

Hello, Lisa and Tom: Like it or not, you're in one of my very favorite places on earth. Thanks for checking in. Hope you have a wonderful time. Be sure and go out to Big Beach, walk down to the end and climb over the rocks to Little Beach....best nude beach on earth! IMO.

Have fun. This is one time it's true....."Wish I were there!!!"

Lisa and Tom,

OK, I will also take a HAL cruise over most land vacations but I love Wailea. A good walk along the ocean front board walk. A drink or dinner at The Four Seasons anytime but sunset is wonderful and romantic. Don't forget a trip to "Big Beach" to body surf, sun bathe, and walk a mile in the sand. Or the nude "little beach" (Tom, let me know if you need directions) is always interesting. Good dinner spots include Four Seasons, Joe's (at the tennis club), or the Diamond Resort on the hill above Wailea has an incredible Italian Restaurant. And don't forget Bubba Gumps in Lahaina which is always fun especially if you know the movie trivia. I'm not really much of a shopper but The Shops at Wailea have a good selection from designer to good old ABC stores (Lisa, they have a good Champagne selection at a reasonable price. We Champagne drinkers need to look out for each other). No, you won't find Hunky Dory or the Yum Yum man but you will find sun, sand and s.. romance? OK, you got it. We visit Wailea most years (unless I reserve too many cruises) and love it more with each trip.

Have fun, Wendy

Ah Lisa, please don't tell me you miss the "mustard drill", as it's being referred to on the boards this week, lol!

Hope you are having a great time and that you get to hit a few golf balls for us!

See you when you get home. :) I wish I were there also.

Oh, btw - since you have unlimited drinks - have one (or two) for me!

Lisa & Tom, You'll just have to tough it out and survive the next few days and then you can return to one of those beautiful Holland ships. I'm sure you will manage and hopefully have a great, relaxful time. Thanks for thinking of us while you travel. Enjoy!!!

Oh, Lisa, boo hoo!!! 14 Being stuck on Maui is practically like doing hard time 01

Have a wonderful time there (somehow I think you'll manage02) ... trust me, you're not missing anything here. I say go to the beach, drive to Hana, have dinner in Lahaina and put the boards out of your mind while you're away!!!

We miss you!

I think I'd rather be with you than here on the M/S Hyatt which is taking an awful long time to lift anchor from our port stop In San Francisco. I can see the water from my verandah, though and the room is about SS size but the "cabin" stewart is terrible about slipping in when I go out of the room, and the DR serv ice is only just acceptible. Still there do appear to be a multitude of great alternative restaurants. But none with Ono or Opakapaka on the menu - bring me some back, please!:rolleyes:

I love Maui. Was there in February and miss it already. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton north of Lahaina. They have an awesome oceanside golf course there. Lahaina is a great little town to walk around and do some shopping. Lots of restaurants. If you get the chance and if they are still there, you should go whale watching. We had fun watching the whales. There must have been about 3 dozen that you could see of the coast of Lahaina.

Well, we are making do:) It is a beautiful morning it is just 7:20 here and we are about to go to breakfast.Today is a Spa day for me not quite the prices on the ship actually MUCH higher $220 for an 80 minute massage that I have an appointment for at 11:30.Their hydrotherapy section is suppose to be outstanding. This spa is rated one of the best in the world I will report on this later.

Dave, Sounds like the MS Hyatt has some nice alternative restaurants though:cool:

Wendy, I had my champagne on the plane on the way over after I had a Bloody Mary, the best part was the warm cholate chip cookie with coffee ( I love first class when going to Hawaii:p )

Oh Yes Ruth, I spoke of you last night when we cme back to the room, you would of been dissapointed NO CHOCOLATE just an orchid with a nice little greeting on the pillow.

Well, I need to curl the hair before it is off to breakfast, I need some Kona coffee in the blood stream:D

121842788_firstmorninginmaui003.jpg.5b02939ab37460f27c9abead592a3135.jpg

Thanks for thinking of us while on your vacation.

I know it's rough having to tough it out in Maui but do the best you can. :) Grin and Bear It!!

Have a great time.

Lisa and Tom,

Thanks for filling us in on your Maui vacation. The view looks wonderful, even though the ocean is not under your balcony. I hope you enjoyed your spa treatment today.

Enjoy your land vacation.

Aloha, I am back on line for a few minutes before going to the Spa. I am actually checking in with work a little while I am here. We had a nice breakfast buffet oddly enought they serve regular Starbucks coffee here and none with Kona Coffee:( The resort is beautiful but almost too much. I think it takes away from the beauty of the ocean, then there are so many waterfalls that you cannot hear the ocean:( But I really am not complaining. Waking up to the sound of all the birds singing is wonderful. Hawaii is really one of the Paradises of the world. Oh yes, the gift shops here on the resort property must be supplied and managed by those on the cruise ships. Lots of expensive things that no one really wants to buy. Extremely limited and poor selection of logo wear. We usually like to get nice gold shirts with the logo of the resort and they don't have ladies, just tiny t-shirts that teenagers would wear.

Well, I think I will make my way to the Spa.

Aloha,

1798242888_firstmorninginmaui2006.jpg.913a6d4ee3befb8abca692e9bdf86a45.jpg

Just a quick note to say"Oh My Gosh!!!!!" about the Spa. It is truly the BEST spa I have ever been to. It makes some of the best in Las Vegas look really bad.

It was so great I am going to do it again on Saturday:D

I will fill you on the details later,

Having way too much fun:p

Oh Yes Ruth, I spoke of you last night when we cme back to the room, you would of been dissapointed NO CHOCOLATE just an orchid with a nice little greeting on the pillow.

That was so sweet of you. :) I hope. (My ears were not ringing.)

I absolutely love Lahaina---one of the prettiest little towns to visit in the Islands. And one of the few places on this earth that I want to shop in!

By the way, what time is Bingo? :rolleyes:

loha to all my CC Friends, It is now 5:10 Hawaii time and we just got back from a very full exhausting shopping day in Lahaina. And did we every shop. The money spent could of bought another cruise:eek: I found a diamond and tanzanite ring that was more than calling my name, so much so that I wear a 4.5 ring and it was a perfect fit. I had been looking for a 3 carot tanzanite when we were just in the Caribbean to replace a cheaper low quality one I had but loved the setting. We thought the price in the Caribbean were just too high for the size and color and cut I wanted, everyone was over $3500 so I passed. Well, I was quite impressed with what I found in Lahaina. I found a round dark blue that was 3.85 of tanzanite and 1.75 of diamonds for $2400 out the door of course being the car sales person that I am we worked on the price. We figured that if we really want this upgrade to an S suite on the Maasdam, by spending this money our TA will for sure call and say we have it but is going to cost $1000 plus. If we did not buy the ring we will never get off the waitlist to get the S Suite and then I would be kicking myself for not buying the ring. So What's a Girl Got To Do??:p

OK, A little bit about the Spa, it was definitely like nothing I have ever been to. Living in Las Vegas I have been lucky enough tohave gone to several highly rated Spas this one at the Grand Wailea is truly the BEST. First one must not be modest because in the ladies section 90% were totally nude that took a little getting use to:o The locker rooms over every amenetie you can think of. There is a very large Hyrdotherapy Pool with cold plunge. There is a dry sauna and a steam sauna with Eucalyptus Steam room. They have the cold cucumbers to lay on your eyes with scented cold wahs clothes. Then there is a Japanese Furo Bath with a cold Japanese Plunge Pool. Then there ar 5 Aromatic Baths to soak in. One is Papaya and melon, another is Mineral water and something else, another is Seaweed, another is a mud bath and the other is eucalyptus. In between soaking in each of these boths you go and shower off and not just any shower, these showers have about 50 small justs that go from floor to hear height for me but for most I am sure it is should height. Then there is this Cascadin Water Fall Massage shower. Then after enjoying all thiw for just over an hour they call your names and a personal spa attendant gives you a complimentary body scrub of Hawaiian exfoliants. That was wonderful I could of had her do that for an hour so two Then I went back to the steam room a few more minutes till they called my name to change for my 80 minute Spa Grande Signature Massage. I felt like I was in heaven. After the massage I went back and enjoyed all those wonderful things again. I really made a day of it. Right now I am planning to do it again Saturday and do the Pohaku Hot Lava Stone Massage. But I am feeling a little quilty about spending so much money.:o This free trip I won has not been so free:eek:

Well, I better go so I can get ready for the Luau tonight.

Aloha,

247956680_maui2014.jpg.d5ec566ea173dbf3cfa29ca23ba6d3a3.jpg

Oh Yes, we were looking for our tendor into Lahaina today and they told us we had to take the shuttle bus:mad: There were also no cruise ships in port today but I understand the Norwegian will be there tomorrow not sure when the Statendam is to be back here. We also had fun watching these dogs playing in the ocean

1607168082_maui2012.jpg.3c583d2488e7e980df2e21eccb75ff3e.jpg

Vic, is these the Birds from the Bird Guy you mentioned? He said he has been there 18 years. We talked quite a bit about the birds since I have an Unbrella, a Sulfur Crested Cockatoo and a Green Cheek Conure.

211220060_maui2015.jpg.38332ff8e0e87bdb0ae14aafe87bc76c.jpg

Archived