Blue Dot?

susan0000

Wonderful news and already added it to my posts as well! This has always been a problem on days at sea. People are very inconsiderate. I have asked for help from cruise staff and they usually do nothing. I will be on the Star on Sept. 30th and will let you know if they continue to do this! I truly hope so!

Wow when I added on the blue dot it went back and put it on my original posting so now it looks like I asked a question about something I already had on there?!?

It's Ok. :) We all understand how the boards work and that the dot came after your question :)

So let me ask whats an acceptable amount of time to leave your chair "unoccupied"? I mean if you get up to use the rest room should you losse your seat? If you go to the pool to relax in the water or god forbid spend some time playing with your kids for an hour or so.... should you loose your seat? Go to lunch? This phenomenon is not exclusive to just cruise ships. Its part of any pool side venue. Have to say I have never had a problem. But it does boggle ones mind that knowing this folks still think they can show up at noon and get/expect a pool side seat. Thats not going to happen.. Just asking......

Wonderful news and already added it to my posts as well! This has always been a problem on days at sea. People are very inconsiderate. I have asked for help from cruise staff and they usually do nothing. I will be on the Star on Sept. 30th and will let you know if they continue to do this! I truly hope so!

Yes please do, this board is having a problem getting confirmation that this is continuing or was just tried on a couple of sailings.

Wow when I added on the blue dot it went back and put it on my original posting so now it looks like I asked a question about something I already had on there?!?

:D Yes it does that.

So let me ask whats an acceptable amount of time to leave your chair "unoccupied"? I mean if you get up to use the rest room should you losse your seat? If you go to the pool to relax in the water or god forbid spend some time playing with your kids for an hour or so.... should you loose your seat? Go to lunch? This phenomenon is not exclusive to just cruise ships. Its part of any pool side venue. Have to say I have never had a problem. But it does boggle ones mind that knowing this folks still think they can show up at noon and get/expect a pool side seat. Thats not going to happen.. Just asking......

IMO, I would have to say the "acceptable" amount of time is already set out by the owner of the cruise you are sailing on, since they pay the bills, they get the honor of setting the policies.

NCL says 30 minutes.

So if you have to pee, go for it. If you want to play with your kid or go have a leisurely lunch in the MDR, sorry not happening.

Disagree. I'm not saying that you put a towel or a "book" on a chair at 7am and then it is acceptable to show up at noon. But I think it is reasonable to keep your spot if you are actively using the chairs during the day. I have to say whaile new to cruising, We have never had a problem following our "personal" policy.

Disagree. I'm not saying that you put a towel or a "book" on a chair at 7am and then it is acceptable to show up at noon. But I think it is reasonable to keep your spot if you are actively using the chairs during the day. I have to say whaile new to cruising, We have never had a problem following our "personal" policy.

Not sure who or what you are disagreeing with. The "blue dot" is a new thing that NCL just started and I believe I read it was being launched and tried on one ship at this time before going fleet wide.

If you are disagreeing with NCL policy and the enforcement of it, thats hard to do unless you intend to buy the cruiseline and set your "personal" policy. You actually agree to follow their policies when you agree to their contract terms.

If you are disagreeing with supporting the blue dot then that is your personal choice and I respect that. Everyone has their own ideas.

I'm glad we agree on your last point. It's always the few that ruin it for the rest of us.

Actually we agree on 2 points then. I totally agree if people didn't set camp and leave in the early hours of the day and not utilize the seat in which they have claimed until late afternoon, this probably wouldn't be an issue and wouldn't need to be addressed at all.

BTW to anyone reading this and wish to argue or disagree with what I have said.

Please note a couple of things.

1. I am stating that a company has the right (which sorry is totally ridiculous IMO to argue since they also have the right to boot you off) to set out it's own policies. Thats it. I am not stating that I agree or disagree with the policy itself.

2. I do not have a "support blue dot" in my signature (not for lacking knowledge of how to do it). I will not support anything that I do not have enough info on to be able to fully support it. At this point I neither like or dislike it. I do not have anything against anyone or disagree with anyone that does support it, obviously you have your own reasons and I respect that.

In saying that. In my 3 years that I have been on CC, I have seen complaints from long time NCL cruisers about "cruises not like they used to be", "latitude issues", "new policies", "cutbacks" etc. From new cruisers "nickel and diming", "food quality" etc. But consistently from past and new cruisers is the complaint that "NCL does not enforce their own policies"

So, although I don't have enough info personally to fully support the blue dot. I do highly commend NCL for stepping up to the plate to enforce a policy that they set out.

Its never going to change. The chair hog people know who they are. As far as I'm concerned they are a bunch of a holes. I thought our cruise to Bermuda was bad, not even close. I went for a run every morning on our last cruise between 5:30am and 6:00am. They they were, just after the chairs were untied and put out. Still in their PJ's, it was mostly the mom's of the families (sorry moms) out there with 4,5,6 towels and a book or two for good measure. Its mind blowing how some people act. And the NCL people putting the chairs out just watched

Its never going to change. The chair hog people know who they are. As far as I'm concerned they are a bunch of a holes. I thought our cruise to Bermuda was bad, not even close. I went for a run every morning on our last cruise between 5:30am and 6:00am. They they were, just after the chairs were untied and put out. Still in their PJ's, it was mostly the mom's of the families (sorry moms) out there with 4,5,6 towels and a book or two for good measure. Its mind blowing how some people act. And the NCL people putting the chairs out just watched

Certainly a crew member could monitor this early morning chair hogging and help to end the practice promptly. If you aren't there to sit in a chair (one chair per person) then you are 'bounced'. These are the worst offenders- the one who grab many chairs with no intention of using for hours. The inevitable result will be 'rental' of a chair to insure seating which Princess does in their Sanctuary (very nice by the way) or many hotels in LV do.

Just too bad some people cannot show more consideration for others.

Yes, any change you make in your signature will be put on every post you have ever posted.

I did wonder about your question when I saw your blue dot with it's no chair hogs. I should have understood that you added it later.

I think most of our grievance is those people who 'reserve' a chair when they go to breakfast but don't show up to use it until afternoon.

I think most of our grievance is those people who 'reserve' a chair when they go to breakfast but don't show up to use it until afternoon.

I agree but unfortunately, I think what the posters point is, is that others will get caught in the cross fire. But that sometimes happen. Lets hope that if this comes in, that NCL will realize that at least the ones using the pool deck amenities, pools, hot tubs, grill will still get to keep their chair. Sorry I'm really not in support of those leaving the area for any length of time but thats just my own personal thoughts.

I love the chair hogs....after my morning run I have a towel to dry off with and they conveniently have a place for me to put my dirty towel. ;)

I agree! Could come in handy when I don't have a kleenex either.

Archived