Flying into Miami - Sailing out of Ft Lauderdale

lgh3154

We are taking a flight to Miami but will be sailing out of Ft Lauderdale. We are flying in the day before our cruise and will be staying at Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale. We need transportation from Miami airport to the hotel in Ft Lauderdale. We will also need transportation after the cruise back to the Miami airport. Our flight got changed from 3:00 to 8:00 pm so we have a lot of time to kill after our cruise. We are thinking of renting a car for the trip to get from Ft Lauderdale to Miami since we have so much time. We figured we could explore instead of sitting at the airport for many hours.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the transportation from Miami airport to Ft Lauderdale before the cruise?

Any input about either the before and/or after transporation is appreciated. Thanks

Here is what I have done:

Book & pick up a small CHEAP (priceline?) rental car at the MIA airport. Drive to FLL. Use car to go to dinner, shop and/or pick up your water, wine or soda. Return the car to FLL airport (no drop off charges in FL). Car rental place runs FREE shuttles to the port.

Actually, I did this in reverse flying into FLL (savings paid for car & hotel) and cruising from MIA.

We are doing just the opposite, flying into FLL ( less expensive) and driving to Miami the day b/4 cruise.

Rental car is a great idea to explore the area.

Just curious as alot of people choose to fly into Mia, when IMO Fll is much easier to get into and out of. Bro/SIL are thinking about joining us in Oct. She checked flights into Miami and could get RT for just under 500.

I checked FLL flying one-way each way on 2 different airlines and found it for 386.00. Same flights we are on.

We are doing the reverse, flying into FLL and porting out of MIA. Last year (and already booked for 2013) we are using QLS Transportation, quality Transportation Service. I was very happy with them last time. The are charging us $56 for two people two ways. The first way they will pick us up at our airport and take us to the Miami port. Then on the return take us from the ship directly to to the FLL airport.

Hope this helps a bit, Lydia of Ohio

This isn't really an answer to your question, but if you like really cool things check out the Mai Kai in Ft. Lauderdale the night before your cruise. It is a real old school tiki bar and polynesian restaurant complete with show. They have delicious food and the best tropical drinks anywhere. Their website is maikai.com and I promise it'll be worth your while to see the best tiki bar in the world.

Archived