curious as to what you find the most success with

fischymom

;) Good morning everyone! Hope you are having a great day. Booking our flights got me wondering about what others find most successful for booking their flights. Do you give all the hassle to the TA and let them scour for deals, do you do airline website, or mass market websites?

I found our best deal on airline website that I checked daily. I wish we lived close enough that driving would be a viable option but it really is not so I am trying to find where I can get the best deals to not eat into the vacation fund anymore than necessary.

I us kayak, itasoftware, expeida and orbitz to search for flights, but usually do the booking on the individual airline's website.

This is what I do too...compare and track prices using the sites listed above, and then book on the airline's website.

Yes...I'll, too, look on travel websites for pricing, and then check directly with the airline I'm going to use. I like to book directly with any provider....be it airline or hotel or cruiseline.....I would only use a TA if I had no idea about anything!!! For airline pricing, the best prices are generally 45-60 days out.

We do our research ourselves.and book early. I would not wait till the last minute.

The cruise air site on Cruise Critic is also a great resources. So, if you know your dates and what city to fly from/to be sure to solicit advice on that board.

Keith

Hello,

Do your research and then see a TA. TAs charge for this service but it may be better and more cost effective time wise to use their help.

I don't quite understand this. Do all the research yourself, then pay someone else to make the booking for you? The reason they have to charge above and beyond the airfare is because airlines no longer pay them commission. I know my aunt (not computer savvy) used to pay a travel agent $50 for the service and they did not even attempt to find her a lower rate. I'd look it up for her and find airfare for more than $100 less, $150 less if you include the fee.

The only problem is now I have to book her air for her, I created my own monster ;)

I use a TA for my cruise booking, love her, but do my own air and hotel bookings. I set up alerts for airfare and keep watch on them, that way I'm not searching the websites each day. My next two flights I've saved a whole bunch of cash this way. I always like to book through the airline site, not a third party.

I check ITA software everyday. I usually book through Travelocity or CheapOair for the flights. I recently booked flights for our Feb Equinox flight through CheapOair.

Joe<------likes to have my ducks in a row...:D

Archived