Cape Liberty

scoobie

scoobie - didn't you post before about how you were flying into LGA or JFK and your honeymooning daughter was driving down and looking for an inexpensive hotel to do NY sightseeing and then was going to pick you up at LGA or JFK? Has any of that changed now?

To answer your current question, the only hotel that we recommend that has both a complimentary EWR shuttle and port shuttle is the Hamtpon Inn on Staten Island. Their neighboring hotel Hilton Gardens offers a cruise package that includes port transportation. Country Inns by the airport in Elizabeth also offers a cruise package. These last two are not really complimentary - you pay for it. There are other airport hotels that have offers but these are more fringe hotels that we don't recommend.

The New York area is different from any other home port area. There is no "free lunch". Newark is a highly urbanized industrial area and you must be selective about your hotel and where you park your car. It's also a do it yourself area - you make out better if you make all your own transportation arrangements.

Please tell us your current plans, number of people (4 ??), number of rooms, and sightseeing objectives for this trip. We found a really good deal for your daughter in Secaucus. I guess I don't understand why that wouldn't work for you as well. The hotel is $70 something + tax and it is a nice place. You pay for a car service to the port and you're all set with a deal that is more reasonable than probably anything you're going to get near the airport.

Yes, I did post earlier about my honeymooning daughter. We now have another daughter and her boyfriend driving down with them. So we are just looking at all options.

The girls and significant others are driving down Tuesday and spending Wednesday touring NYC.

The hubby and I will be flying in late Wednesday and I just thinking it would be easier to have the kids not worry about us.

We are now thinking of flying into Newark. More expensive than LGA and JFK but closer to port. So we are in search of a hotel that has complimenatry airport and port shuttles...but not sure if such a thing exists in the area.

The only one we recommend with a free port shuttle is the Hampton Inn on Staten Island. Other choices are the Hilton Gardens cruise package (next door to the HI with a shared shuttle ) or the Country Inns cruise package in Elizabeth. Newark Airport has tons of transportation and most folks arrange their own. If you're 4 people you can book Independent Driver for $40 each way to the port.

Have used the free shuttle from the Hilton Garden Inn on Staten Island and It worked out great. This August we are staying at the Hampton and using the same shuttle. I have booked the room and I have to call the Hilton Garden Inn 30 days from sailing to arrange for the shuttle ride since that originates from there. Both hotels share the shuttle service to the pier.

Flowers,

Is there a fee for the shuttle to the port or is it included in the price I see online?

If my girls decided to stay there the night before the cruise and use the shuttle as well is the parking free for the duration of the cruise? Is it a higher rate than what I see online?

We are using the Hampton this year because the price of the room was a bit lower than the Hilton. Hampton's room includes a free breakfast on the morning of the cruise, free parking for the duration of the cruise, and a free shuttle to and from the pier. You can't get much better than that so close to New York City. The Hilton and Hampton are "Sister Hotels" and they share the free shuttle service. They are located in a nice area where we were not to leave our brand new car three years ago. They share the area with a day surgery center, a daycare business, and the two hotels. It is surrounded with a wooded area and very nice. When I made my reservation, I told them I was cruising out of Bayonne and wanted to leave my car there for the cruise. "No problem" said the nice young man at the desk. I will be calling the Hilton on the 30th of July to reserve space on the shuttle. I am hoping to get the 10 AM shuttle but may have to wait for a later one depending if that one is already full of Hilton Guests.

we booked the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Newark, free parking but the shuttle is extra. It had good reviews so hope we made a good choice. Anyone stayed there before?

it is mediocre and not one we usually suggest as it is not easy to get to, and there is nothing around...

I would not stay there unless necessary. I'd prefer the Holiday Inn....carol 138east also suggests the Ramada, though when i toured, i was not impressed...

Click Here for some photos of hotels around there...

There are several albums of hotel pix.....the Wyndham is in the "smaller versions" section...

I only recommend the Ramada when folks are on a budget. The problem is that when you look at stay123 and trinityreservations there are a whole bunch of choices and one site quotes without tax and the other site includes tax. We've been recommending the Fairfield and Country Inns as the primary choices. However some folks are looking for the least expensive acceptable option and the Ramada fills the bill there. I convinced some folks from my Feb cruise to move from Comfort Suites to the Ramada and they were very happy.

We are using the Hampton this year because the price of the room was a bit lower than the Hilton. Hampton's room includes a free breakfast on the morning of the cruise, free parking for the duration of the cruise, and a free shuttle to and from the pier. You can't get much better than that so close to New York City. The Hilton and Hampton are "Sister Hotels" and they share the free shuttle service. They are located in a nice area where we were not to leave our brand new car three years ago. They share the area with a day surgery center, a daycare business, and the two hotels. It is surrounded with a wooded area and very nice. When I made my reservation, I told them I was cruising out of Bayonne and wanted to leave my car there for the cruise. "No problem" said the nice young man at the desk. I will be calling the Hilton on the 30th of July to reserve space on the shuttle. I am hoping to get the 10 AM shuttle but may have to wait for a later one depending if that one is already full of Hilton Guests.

Stayed at the Hampton Inn and liked it a lot. Great shuttle service to and from the port.

Sail from Newark Country Inn & Suites

Drop anchor for the evening at the Newark Country Inn & Suites

Country Inn & Suites Newark is located just 11 miles from Cape Liberty Cruise Port. This cruise terminal is used by Royal Caribbean International, Azamara Cruises and Celebrity Cruise Lines. Stay with us and we will arrange transportation to your cruise terminal.

We offer two Cruise Packages:

Sleep and Cruise Package

Sleep-Park-Cruise Package

Both Cruise Packages includes

Overnight cozy accommodations in one of our spacious guest rooms

Two round-trip transportation vouchers to Port of Bayonne, NJ

Complimentary continental breakfast buffet

Complimentary high-speed Internet access

Complimentary airport shuttle

Our Sleep-Park-Cruise Package also includes ten nights of parking available for one vehicle!

Terms and Conditions

Minimum one night stay

Based on availability

Not valid with any other coupons or promotions

All vehicles must be registered with the Front Desk

Another vote for the Hampton Staten Island. We stayed there two weeks ago. I posted on another thread on Cape Liberty about our experience. It worked out very well for us.

Look in Cape Liberty/Bayonne 411, New and improved thread.

Hi Im a solo cruiser sailing out 2-24-13. Flying into EWR late Friday night and looking for a hotel with a shuttle and a place to get something to eat. How far is the Hilton Garden from Hampton Inn? I have been reading alot about the Hampton Inn it looks and sounds likes a good place to stay. Im looking for a tour on Sat. What would be the best all around tour? And how is the best way to get to the tours? And thanks for all the info that I have read from everyone.

IMO staying on Staten Island in either the HI or HG is not the best choice for sightseeing in NY. Please look at a map of NYC to see what I mean. Figure at least 1.5 hours to get to midtown Manhattan and the same coming back plus most likely a cab from the ferry back to the hotel. If you pick this option you should know exactly what to expect.

What is your hotel budget? Can you manage your luggage so that public transit on the light rail to Bayonne would be an option?

Hampton Inn is across a parking lot from the Hilton Garden Inn. On the day of departure, the shuttle picks you up at the Hampton, even though it is the Hilton Shuttle.

Both hotels are not really near a whole lot that you can walk to as far as restaurants and entertainment. The Hampton gives you breakfast in the AM with your room and there is a very nice Italian Restaurant in the Hilton for supper the night before. I don't have any knowledge of how to get into the NY City for tours from this area. I have read about people takeing the shuttle to the ferry and going to NY that way. Other posters can give you more information on that part of your question.

Thanks for the info. I like to spend on a hotel room $150 or less a night. Im going to try to take one bag plus a backpack on my luggage. Im really looking for a place that is easy to get to and from. Also looking for a place to eat in the hotel or within walking distance. And again thanks for the help.

Hotwire has a 4* hotel in the Chelsea Madison Square Garden area for $124 right now for feb 22-24. You could take the airport bus into the city for $16 and have at most a short cab ride to the hotel. From that area you could take Path to Hoboken and the light rail to Bayonne for about $15. If you're interested, you must grab this hotel deal now. You will get so much more out of your visit to NY if you stay in the city.

I really didnt find the airport bus routes. But found the train routes. Can I take the train from the airport to New York Penn station? Then take the path train at 33rd st to 22nd st in Bayonne. Well there be taxis at the station? I found the Hilton New York Fashion District Hotel for $107. Its says its a 4*hotel. Is this in a good location? Its about half a mile from Penn Station and Path 33rd Station. And thanks for the help.

Archived