Glory Boston to Canada Review 7/7/12 - 7/12/12 with Pictures

amdmsk

Thanks!!! I think I took it sitting in one of the chairs! And no, I don't mind...go ahead and use it :)

Thanks so much,amdmsk! It is now my wallpaper. It got me to take down my seal and that takes A LOT! Just hope it doesn't make me want to go on a cruise TOO badly. It really looks like you are on the ship!

• 9 months later...
For our walking tour, we had done some research of historical places and areas of interest in St. John (mostly taken from Carnival's website and the St. John tourism website) and with my mom, I put together a list of places to visit. We then looked at maps of the city as well as the distance between everything we wanted to visit, and we laid out our own walking tour of the city. We had everything planned with the places highlighted and directions laid out on a typed document that we kept with us so that we didn't miss anything or take a wrong turn. It ended up working out very well and we all really enjoyed doing this off on our own for the afternoon. We didn't get lost either! :p We were able to take our time, see many different historical highlights in the city, explore a bit, and experience what the city is really like. We saw so many different things that I won't include pictures of all of them here, but I'll include a few pictures of some of the places we walked to. Everything in town is within walking distance of the ship, though the city is a little hilly. But, it was still really great and I would definitely do it again, even going back to walk around the same tour that we laid out for ourselves.

We saw things like the historical three lamps, King's Square, the City Market, the General Store, the harbor front, Queen's Square, the historical theatre, and the firefighter's museum, among many other things and neat buildings and historical places that we just happen to stumble upon. If anyone reading this is looking for something to do in St. John, I would definitely recommend doing your own walking tour. Also, if anyone is interested in doing the walking tour we did or visiting the places we did, just let me know. I'd be happy to give more information about anything we visited, answer any questions, or send anyone the full tour we came up with!

Here's a few pictures from the walking tour of some of the sites. Many of them were places we specifically were looking for, but some of them were just things I saw that looked neat or that were interesting which we happened to pass by.

Hi, I'm going on the 7 day cruise from Boston on July 21 with my husband, my 11 year old daughter, and my parents. Would you please send me your walking tour information that you did on your own? I'm not sure if you just respond to this or do you email me? Please let me know if you need more information. If you have any othere tours you did on your own please let me know. I love your post! BTW my parents live in Conyngham, PA about 1 hour from Allentown - near Wilkes-Barre. Thanks.

cheryl:)

We're going on the 7 day cruise on July 14 so we'll keep the ship nice for you. I, too, would like the details of your walking tour if you don't mind sharing.

hobokenbeachbum - I don't know if the original poster will even see this request since the review is from last year and most likely isn't following it now. Have a great cruise?

We're going on the 7 day cruise on July 14 so we'll keep the ship nice for you. I, too, would like the details of your walking tour if you don't mind sharing.

hobokenbeachbum - I don't know if the original poster will even see this request since the review is from last year and most likely isn't following it now. Have a great cruise?

I was hoping I could get in touch but you are probably right. This was great to read and the pics were great too. I hope you enjoy your cruise too. I'm so excited. My daugher (11) gives me the countdown every day. Enjoy your Memorial Weekend.:D

Hi, I'm going on the 7 day cruise from Boston on July 21 with my husband, my 11 year old daughter, and my parents. Would you please send me your walking tour information that you did on your own? I'm not sure if you just respond to this or do you email me? Please let me know if you need more information. If you have any othere tours you did on your own please let me know. I love your post! BTW my parents live in Conyngham, PA about 1 hour from Allentown - near Wilkes-Barre. Thanks.

cheryl:)

there is a canada port of calls board with tons of'infomration on these ports

Thanks for resurrecting this thread! Did this cruise on Princess two years ago and getting ready to do it twice on Glory. Love the pics amd love your excellent editing and grammar ;).

we are going July 9th. I think that this ship has had 2.0 upgrades since the OP shared the photos. I am excited, as are my 6 and 4 year old children

your kids will be in two seperated programs-- but the areas are next to each other

I have camp activity sheets if you want to see what types of programing they might have

email me at serene56@aol.com (put camp pages in the subject line and the age group

Great review!! Glad someone pulled it back up! July 14 can't get here soon enough! We're visiting family in Newtown Square (near Philly) and then driving to Boston. Any tips for that drive to avoid major traffic??

Archived