How deep are Gem pools?

mia10010

I've been looking everywhere to get info on the depth of Gem Pools. Do they start out less deep 4ft or so, and then get deeper?

Does anyone know exactly how deep they are? I can't swim and I am short so I'd like to be able to touch the bottom of the pool. I'm hoping at least one pool will be less than 5 ft.

Thanks.

Few ship pools are deep....usually about 5ft at the deepest. Most have ledges that are a few inches underwater, where you can sit or hold onto and just be in the water without swimming. Actually, pools are really suitable for real swimming...too crowded!

In this photo of the Gem's pool, it says 5'9" (if you zoom in there's a little plaque)

DSC_0590.jpg

here's the plaque zoomed in :)

gempool.jpg

There are 2 pools on the Gem - this was the one not near the waterslide. The other one I believe is a kids pool so it may be less deep. I didn't take pics of that one.

To the Op I share your fear I do not swim either & I am always looking for the the numbered height. Usually I send Dh in & see where the water is on him before I get in. Once he knelt down to make it seem deeper I had a very hard time going in after he stood up.

To the Op I share your fear I do not swim either & I am always looking for the the numbered height. Usually I send Dh in & see where the water is on him before I get in. Once he knelt down to make it seem deeper I had a very hard time going in after he stood up.

Too funny I thought I was the only one who did that! :)

Youngestofnine posted a pic of the adult pool which is deep. On the other side of the band area, where the slide goes...is another pool most of the children use...it is not as deep. If you are not able to use the pools....look for the stand up outdoor showers nearby the pools...I like them when there are too many people in the pool and I want to cool off...

Best wishes on staying cool,

Coka

That's the deep end.

One of the two pools has a shallow end. About 4 foot if I remember correctly.

Neither of the Gem pools are less than 5 feet deep. My wife is 5 feet tall, and though she is an excellent swimmer, she has commented that she would have liked one of the pools to be 4 feet deep so she could do pool exercises. Both the Jewel and Pearl are similar. The Dawn has a small wading pool next to the gazebo on the pool deck but only one large pool.

Archived