Is November a good time to cruise around Greek Islands?

Quarry MD

Our anniversary is November 12th and would like to be on cruise around that time. My sister says the weather is rainy and cold and would be better off going end of September or October. Is this true and also was eyeing a Crystal cruise, but wonder if another recommendation would be good and less pricey? Thanks for feedback!

I cruise Crystal often so if you need any information on Crystal be sure to visit that board.

November can be on the cooler side even in Greece. It's still a nice time to go because the places you visit will be less crowded. If you prefer it to be warmer then you might want to go in September.

I think you should narrow down your itinerary and date of the cruise then from there see which ships are sailing it and then come back with specific questions if you find multiple lines and ships. Keep in mind with Crystal like the other luxury lines that many items are included that are add ons with other lines.

Keith

i sailed at exactly that time on a 10 day and didn't realize we were the last cruise ship sailing that season. no one in my family are shoppers and it didn't bother us but many passengers were upset. i'd guess 3/4 of the shops and restaurants were closed in most port's tourist trap areas. the previous poster was right about the weather. if it rains it will be a cold rain.

We were in Chios, Kusadasi, Athens, and many other ports in this area the last two weeks in November and it was warm and sunny everywhere. However we are not beach people. If you want fewer crowds and pleasant touring weather than November could be a good time.

The last cruise or two of the season will be cheaper, which is a good reason why we often take those.:p We cruised around the Greek islands in November one year, and had really good weather, but there are no guarantees, of course. And yes, many of the touristy shops will be closed/closing, if that is a consideration.

Archived