Toiletries supplied on Queen Victoria

Wake Watcher

Does anyone know what brand of toiletries are supplied to the balcony cabins please? Any details of exactly what we can expect would be much appreciated. I can't for the life of me remember what we received two years ago = and it might have changed anyway.

Thanks very much!

Funny timing for this post - just as I was sorting out my toiletries for our up coming voyage on QV! If I remember correctly, there are Gilcrist & Soames (not sure of spellings!) shower gel, shampoo and body lotion. Cotton wool and 'ear' buds provided too. (health & safety note - ear buds not for use in ears!!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does anyone know what brand of toiletries are supplied to the balcony cabins please? Any details of exactly what we can expect would be much appreciated. I can't for the life of me remember what we received two years ago = and it might have changed anyway.

Thanks very much!

Hi, the below answer is from Cunard's FAQ. Although I see that MawganTr got there before me :) - I should have refreshed the link to see if anyone had replied.

A range of Gilchrist & Soames products are placed within your stateroom and are replenished once used. These include, shampoo, conditioner, bath/shower gel, soap and shower caps.

Queens Grill staterooms receive, in addition, a sewing kit, shoe care set, and nail files.

Thanks very much!

You get a shrink-wrapped lump of soap and some tiny bottles with some sort of liquid in them.

:D

J

You get a shrink-wrapped lump of soap and some tiny bottles with some sort of liquid in them.

J

Domestic goddess you may be, but clearly you are not a soap maven! :rolleyes:

It's lovely soap. It is from Gilchrist & Soames. The bath gel and lotion are from their "London Collection," I think the shampoo and conditioner are from the same collection. IIRC, the "lump of soap" is either their glycerin hand soap or an oatmeal soap.

Domestic goddess you may be, but clearly you are not a soap maven! :rolleyes:

It's lovely soap. It is from Gilchrist & Soames. The bath gel and lotion are from their "London Collection," I think the shampoo and conditioner are from the same collection. IIRC, the "lump of soap" is either their glycerin hand soap or an oatmeal soap.

Oh, I never actually use the soap, I just noted that it was there. I'm not big into washing really as anybody who has been within 100 yards of me will tell you.

J

You get a shrink-wrapped lump of soap and some tiny bottles with some sort of liquid in them. :DJ

ALL the little bottles that you find in bathrooms in hotels or on ships, or can buy in shops or supermarkets, despite being labelled shampoo or shower gel or hand wash or foam bath or body wash or conditioner or soap or whatever... contain the exactly the same thing. With colours to fool the eye. But by putting differing names on the bottles they can get you to buy several, instead of one. And charge more for some than for others :D .

I just wish I'd thought of it first :mad: .

Oh, I never actually use the soap, I just noted that it was there. I'm not big into washing really as anybody who has been within 100 yards of me will tell you.

J

Not touching this one..You one funny guy!

Archived