Upgrade Fairy

Cruisin'Doc

Well...got the phone call. Second time I've had 'the call!' Upgrade fairy (is there a male version of the word?) was very enthusiastic. His offer was to move from our balcony room to an Ocean Suite. The cost was fair enough - normal price difference was $1,500+, the offer was for an even $700 total (7 day cruise). I was SO very tempted. We had an Ocean Suite on our last trip, and it was a wonderful stateroom, however, as I reminded myself, I can use that $700 towards that B2B in January! *whew* Must keep telling myself that!

Hope someone else enjoys that Ocean Suite :)

Well...got the phone call. Second time I've had 'the call!' Upgrade fairy (is there a male version of the word?) was very enthusiastic. His offer was to move from our balcony room to an Ocean Suite. The cost was fair enough - normal price difference was $1' date='500+, the offer was for an even $700 total (7 day cruise). I was SO very tempted. We had an Ocean Suite on our last trip, and it was a wonderful stateroom, however, as I reminded myself, I can use that $700 towards that B2B in January! *whew* Must keep telling myself that!

Hope someone else enjoys that Ocean Suite :)[/quote']

I have to agree, I would probably stay in my balcony room and put the money to another cruise.

I paid less than $500 for my solo cruise, 5 days on Triumph, inside on Lido deck. Plus I got $100 OBC.

I could do a whole another cruise for $700, would not have tempted me just for the extra space.

I've been curious when I have seen people talk about the OBC's - are those booked through Carnival, another site, or a TA?

Ya know' date=' you guys have validated my decision so much...I feel like I actually saved and have extra money now...so maybe I should go ahead and book another cruise! LOL:D[/quote']

Do it! Do it! When you think about it, you still have a good cabin, and you are $700 richer in a round about way. Do it! Do it!

I would have turned down also as $700 is what I paid for OV on Empress deck for our September Fascination cruise. Been in Suites, regular balconies. OV, and insides. We use balcony and/or suites for longer cruises and ports we haven't been to.

Archived