Lobster in the Lido??

Hawkeye1946

I should know the answer to this...but I don't. On the formal night that lobster is served, is it possible to get it in the Lido (DH and I don't "do" formal nights)? We usually eat in Canaletto on formal nights.

Thanks....Sue

I should know the answer to this, but....

DH and I don't "do" formal nights - we usually eat in the Canaletto on those nights. But, I was wondering if Lobster is available in the Lido on the formal night when it is served?

Thanks....Sue

Better yet, have it served in your cabin that evening!

DH and I don't "do" formal nights - we usually eat in the Canaletto on those nights. But, I was wondering if Lobster is available in the Lido on the formal night when it is served?

Thanks....Sue

After several letters back and forth, the home office thinks they do but I think that the person responsible for ordering food on the ships does not buy them to save money.....I have finally decided to jam a wrinkle-free sport coat in my luggage to get jumbo shrimp, lobster and rack of lamb on formal nights...

I checked on Lobster/Fillet Mignon night last May on the Maasdam, and these special items were not available in the Lido. Then there was the New York steak on the other formal night. You might want to reconsider as the Canaletto is a lesser alternative to these two special nights.

The two formal nights were right up there with our dinner at the Pinnacle on the same cruise. Definitely worth throwing a suit and dress into your suitcase.

igraf

Thanks....Sue

Most of the time, lobster is served on HAL ships the last formal night. It is often but not always available in Lido (and sometimes Room Service). Ask when you are aboard to see what they are doing on your cruise.

Most of the time, lobster is served on HAL ships the last formal night. It is often but not always available in Lido (and sometimes Room Service). Ask when you are aboard to see what they are doing on your cruise.

I was on the Amsterdam in July 2 years ago and was able to have it from Room Service .

Archived