Ocho Rios

Bcshur

Just downtown. Especially around jewelry stores. They all call to us and want us to come in. I'm calling that aggressive - although it's not really. Gina

o.k., fair enough. Yes, the vendors are always calling out. We just "Walk on By" (Dionne Warwick?)

I love to look at the colorful ceramik works at cheap prices and in the town square have a couple of margaritas or pina coladas (always 2X1)

We were thinking about taking a taxi to the Dunn River Falls, and doing it on our own instead of booking an excursion... and then taking taxi back to hang out at Jimmy Buffet. We figured it was cheaper, and I didn't want an excursion to take most of our time in Jamiaca since we are only there from 7-230 pm. Does anyone know how much taxi are? According to maps.google... the Falls are only 2 miles from the port?

BTW, Going on Carnival Freedem, Aug 19th, 2012.

:)

We were thinking about taking a taxi to the Dunn River Falls, and doing it on our own instead of booking an excursion... and then taking taxi back to hang out at Jimmy Buffet. We figured it was cheaper, and I didn't want an excursion to take most of our time in Jamiaca since we are only there from 7-230 pm. Does anyone know how much taxi are? According to maps.google... the Falls are only 2 miles from the port?

BTW, Going on Carnival Freedem, Aug 19th, 2012.

:)

There is a company called "JUTA Tours" if I remember the name correctly. They operate mini buses that leave from right outside the cruise terminal and bring you to the Falls. They set a time with everyone to meet at the parking lot at the Falls to then bring you back to the port. At the time I think it was $10.00 per person. They allowed plenty of time to climb the Falls. We did the climb on our own without any guide and had a blast.

• 2 weeks later...
Makes sense! Anyone have any imput with Falmouth? My first experience with Jamaica was terrible, so I am not even sure if I would ever go back.

We went on the Oasis in May ... port is beautiful! Lots to see and do. They have many excursions (RCCI) .... but to be honest, we felt the same way and were thinking about just staying onboard till I found the Horsebackriding excursion! What a blast that was! Van drives you to the ranch ... take a beautiful ride on horseback to the beach and then they put water saddles on the horses and you go swimming with the horses!! It was fabulous! We're doing a Carnival Freedom sailing in September and stopping at Ocho Rios and they have the same excursion with the same company and think we'll do it again!! Highly recommend it ... all levels can handle it ... the guides are great and the horse well cared for ... all ex-race horses or ex-polo horses .... good stuff!:)

Archived