Pre-Cruise and transfers

Cwusinbunny

We last cruised years ago, prior to having kids. We are booked on Oct. 26 and will be pulling our then 5 and 6 yr olds out of school for the cruise. That said I know the smart thing is to go the day before - so we will probably be arriving in MCO later in the day. That said - is it better to stay at the airport and do our own transportation to Port Canaveral - there will be 6 of us - so if we can do the transfer less expensively it would be great. We are also using frequent flier miles so I may not have a whole lot of flexibility.

OR do we get to Coco Beach that night?

Any suggestions are greatly welcome! If you have recommendations about transfers I'd really appreciate it!

We last cruised years ago, prior to having kids. We are booked on Oct. 26 and will be pulling our then 5 and 6 yr olds out of school for the cruise. That said I know the smart thing is to go the day before - so we will probably be arriving in MCO later in the day. That said - is it better to stay at the airport and do our own transportation to Port Canaveral - there will be 6 of us - so if we can do the transfer less expensively it would be great. We are also using frequent flier miles so I may not have a whole lot of flexibility.

OR do we get to Coco Beach that night?

Any suggestions are greatly welcome! If you have recommendations about transfers I'd really appreciate it!

Generally, traveling with more than 2 people, it's cheaper to do your own transfers to the port.

As to staying at the airport vs. the port area, it's up to you to figure out whether the time of day(night) you arrive is more compatibable with just staying at the airport and traveling in the morning to the port, or the other way around.

:)

For six people, two taxis or one airport shuttle van is usually less expensive than the cruise line transfer and you control your travel times AND don't have to wait for the bus to fill up before heading to the pier. Something to consider is that if you stay near the pier you need the shuttle to the hotel and the next day a couple taxis. If you stay at MCO at a hotel with a free airport shuttle, you only need to pay the hotel to pier costs.

Enjoy your cruise.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

It all depends on what would be more convenient or important for you.

We stayed at the Hyatt MCO after our flight landed at 10PM. It was great since I didn't have to wait for any shuttle and could go straight to my room. The next morning we used DCL transfers to the ship but it was only the 2 of us.

If you choose to stay at the airport you can use Hyatt Stay Certificates. They cost $145 and covers the room rate & taxes. You have 6 people so you probably have to purchase 2 for 2 rooms. Of course these only come in handy if the rate is more than $145. Then have the car service pick you up from the airport.

We usually stay by the airport mostly because of the number of choices and rent a car one way.

I drop off everyone at the ship and take car back myself to reduce hassle of moving people and luggage then take shuttle to ship.

we did the disney transfers 1 time. they are great but very costly. you could stay 1 night at diseny and rent a car for that price. book a car on line and you could get a great rate. go to www.mousesavers.com for discount codes. we went on a disney cruise out of port canaveral in may rented a car (picked up ay mco night befor turned in at port next day ) for $35. give it a try. have a magical cruise.

Archived