Celebrity Website-- how do I choose a different room?

AllegraTiger

I'm trying to book a Southern Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity website (on the Summit). When it comes time to choose my cabin location, the website automatically gives me 3--and only 3!-- room choices, none of which I want. it doesn't give me a map of the ship to see what's available, and the "search for a room" function isn't working. Help! Am I missing something? Do I have to call to get a different room?

You're not missing anything. That feature of the website has been broken for some time now. Celebrity knows but apparently is unable to hire anyone who knows enough about IT to fix it, or any of the other many glitches in the website. Try a travel agent.

...the website automatically gives me 3--and only 3!-- room choices...

Celebrity only shows three rooms by design. Showing only three rooms builds a certain sense of urgency i.e., "I better book now as they may sell out."

Regarding the "Search for a Room" function... it is poorly implemented. My experience is that rooms that are available will show up. If a room is not available you get that funky message. (I can't remember what it says.)

There are other US sites that will provide up to fifteen rooms and another foreign site that lists all available rooms. It is against the rules to post other sites so I can't tell you what they are.

Call a TA and get the exact room you want, plus some OBC. We just booked a 2c on the Summit for $849 with $175 OBC. What sail date are you looking at?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

We're looking at an early December departure on the Summit. We're not looking for anything fancy-- just an interior room, midship, preferably on the deck with rooms above and below (can't remember the number off the top of my head).

Just placed a deposit online for an aft stateroom that wasn't exactly what I wanted. I can call Celebrity to get it changed and will still be able see the reservation with new stateroom assignment online right? Thanks.

I'm trying to book a Southern Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity website (on the Summit). When it comes time to choose my cabin location, the website automatically gives me 3--and only 3!-- room choices, none of which I want. it doesn't give me a map of the ship to see what's available, and the "search for a room" function isn't working. Help! Am I missing something? Do I have to call to get a different room?

This is why I book with X by phone. I can ask the planner if specific cabins are available. You cannot tell from the website.

Possibly not. If you used a TA, all changes might need to be made through that TA. But you can always call and try.

I made the reservation on the website and did call Celebrity to make the cabin switch. All is well. Thanks.

I emailed Celebrity and told them the search for a room function wasn't working. It does not give any message at all and never shows a cabin as available, as it once did, even if I enter the cabin number of a cabin which I know is available.

I received a response stating that they are aware of this issue and that there is a current maintenance request in to fix this. They are hoping it will be fixed by the end of July. I imagne that they are very busy trying to fix problems with their web site these days - or at least thinking about fixing them.

I'd suggest two things: First, email Celebrity and let them know how disappointed you are in their web site. Second, you'll have to call Celebrity or a TA to have them check on the cabin for you.

As others have said there are web sites that show greater numbers of available cabins online but it is against cruise critic policy to post their names or web address. I don't know if there are any web sites that can do a search for a specific cabin like the broken feature on Celebrity's web site is supposed to be able to.

I emailed Celebrity and told them the search for a room function wasn't working. It does not give any message at all and never shows a cabin as available, as it once did, even if I enter the cabin number of a cabin which I know is available.

I received a response stating that they are aware of this issue and that there is a current maintenance request in to fix this. They are hoping it will be fixed by the end of July. I imagne that they are very busy trying to fix problems with their web site these days - or at least thinking about fixing them.

I'd suggest two things: First, email Celebrity and let them know how disappointed you are in their web site. Second, you'll have to call Celebrity or a TA to have them check on the cabin for you.

As others have said there are web sites that show greater numbers of available cabins online but it is against cruise critic policy to post their names or web address. I don't know if there are any web sites that can do a search for a specific cabin like the broken feature on Celebrity's web site is supposed to be able to.

There is:D

Archived