Hurry need help with rooms?

Hi I currently have room 6251 forward balcony on freedom and have booked the steakhouse for the first night.

Oh and have never cruised.

I see that I can upgrade to deck 7 room 7396 balcony midship. But would then have to cancel steakhouse.

Which would you do???? Stay on deck 6 forward and steakhouse or deck 7 midship and no steakhouse?

Hurry must decide quickly, thanks

I would pick a room mid-ship any day over one that is forward because there is less movement the closer to mid-ship you get.

I also would make sure there are other cabins above and below you. You do not want to be under the pool deck or nightclubs or galley......too noisy.

Hope this helps....

I would have to cancel over the money.

I just found out that I cannot take bonine as it has antihistamines. So I am concerned over the possibility of seasickness as this is my first cruise.

We get food no matter what if it is the MDR or steakhouse. Not having experienced either i have no idea what the best move is given the situation?

THanks,

6251 is over Fun Shops (jewelry, perfume, etc.) Not likely to be much noise coming from there.

Seeing it is your first cruise, I would stick with deck 6 and enjoy the steakhouse!!!

Enjoy and welcome to your new addiction!!

I sailed Freedom on deck 10 (1060 cabin) which is about the same area but higher up and did not have any issues with sea sickness. Lots of alternatives exist (sea bands, ginger pills, green apples, getting outside and looking at the horizon, etc.)

my deck 6 is over the victoriana main lounge.

You will HATE this location. Believe me. I just looked at the deck plans, and you're right. You're smack above the Victoriana Main Lounge (there's a "drag deck" function on another website that allows you to see what's exactly below or above you, and your cabin is above the right balcony of the Victoriana lounge).

My mother in law had a cabin a few cabins from yours and every night, she could hear music as if she had loudspeakers jammed against the wall of her cabin. Everything would clang and vibrate because the bass was so strong. You could literally sing along since the music was so loud!

After the second night, she complained to Guest Services and they moved her to another cabin that was (thankfully) open on deck 11 (also forward) along with an onboard credit.

Another thing to consider: If the seas are choppy, you WILL feel the pitching (up and down) motion MUCH more. We had a midship cabin, and there was a significant difference between the motion felt in our cabin and hers.

Do yourself and favor and switch to deck 7 midship!

P.S. I know that how you choose to budget your money is YOUR business, but after spending a few thousand dollars on a cruise vacation, what's another $35pp to enjoy the Steakhouse? It IS worth it! :)

Hi I currently have room 6251 forward balcony on freedom and have booked the steakhouse for the first night.

Oh and have never cruised.

I see that I can upgrade to deck 7 room 7396 balcony midship. But would then have to cancel steakhouse.

Which would you do???? Stay on deck 6 forward and steakhouse or deck 7 midship and no steakhouse?

Hurry must decide quickly, thanks

People staying on deck 7 are allowed in the steakhouse.

We've sailed the Freedom twice (just got off on the 8th) and it's a great ship..you'll love it! We've also done the Steakhouse both times because my DW loves it, but IMHO the food is no better than the MDR. The atmosphere is more relaxed though. A midship room is definitely the way to go if you are worried about seasickness. However, you'll be surprised at how little you'll actually feel the motion of the ocean on such a big ship. On our recent cruise we had a couple with us who were cruise virgins and they were worried big time about seasickness. They had a ball and did not have to take any of the seasickness meds they'd brought along.

Decide what's more important to you and made your choice and enjoy your first cruise! You'll be addicted...watch and see! :eek::D:cool::p

Whatever decision you make on your cabin, take ginger pills every day, starting a few days before your cruise. Natural, no side effects or drowsiness. You can get them at Walgreen's or Walmart. And have a great time!

I think even people who dont normally get seasick .. it can happen. I love rides and such, but every once in a while the motion is severe enough I am affected.

Cant predict the seas... skip the steakhouse this time, and go meet your table mates the first night. Order the flat iron steak if you must have steak, though there are things I prefer.

Archived