What you wish you would have brought

Airforce81

I never travel without a tiny alarm clock. It can be handy to check the time during the night without having to switch the light on. It also needs to be battery operated and luminous. Mine is only 2ins. square.

Sheila

I have a tried and true list that we've used for years. The only item I wished I would have had along was 2 cruises ago my contact lens case wasn't in the normal bag (I leave stuff like this packed all the time). There wasn't one for sale in the store, I had to improvise, the first port stop we had to find a drug store to purchase a case. I ended up spending over $15 for an item that I have about a dozen of at home.

The following cruise, same ship, I happened to go into the same onboard store, sure enough they had contact lens cases that time :rolleyes:

Don't take every item on packing list too seriously, I swear some people have packing lists you could use for a camping trip.

The latest odd thing I read here, someone wanting to take a different shower head. I have even read people take roll up camping tables, hampers, extra empty suitcases, rolling coolers... lots of things I'd never consider. We prefer to keep it simple.

yes, a sweater or shawl is nice for MDR, shows and promenade at night even in caribbean

a clock is also good as they dont provide one. we sail princess and they allow wine to be brought on board so we bring a stopper and pump to keep wine fresh. a highlighter is nice to mark daily program. some people like to take a badge necklace for their ship card, they will punch a hole in it for you and you can wear it around neck..i am not a fan of this but it is an idea. and of course take a sense of humor, as travel can be full of surprises!!

DH and I weren't well-prepared in the camera department. We had 3 (2 digital SLRs plus my very portable Nikon CoolPix). In Seattle the day before we left for Wrangell, AK where we planned to stay 3 days before our cruise, DH mentioned that he had only 100 shots left on his memory card. Oops. He thought maybe that would be enough. I found a photo store and got a 2 gig card to replace the almost-full 512K card he had in the camera. He used most of it, of course!

In my attempt to minimize the amount of electronic spaghetti I carry around, I left the battery chargers for my 2 cameras at home. Both cameras died near the end of the trip. It appears that the battery in the 6-year old CoolPix is permanently gone- it wouldn't recharge after we got home. This weekend I'll be out shopping for a new battery.

Oh, yeah- we both lost our lens caps and at some point- we have no idea how- the clear filter over DH's new telephoto shattered. The telephoto was fine. I'll be shopping for lens caps and rigging them so they go on a string tied to the cameras from now on!

Regardless, between his and my DSLRs, we got a ton of wonderful pictures, and there was nothing on the CoolPix that would be a tragedy to lose.

Archived