Any past Splendor cruisers from September or October?

naagnel55

We are doing the 7 days Mexican Riviera cruise the end of September. Just wondering, I know what the weather will be like but have any past cruisers during September or October on the Splendor had any of their port days not happen because of weather/hurricanes? We have 2 days in Cabo and 1 in Puerto Vallarta and while Im looking forward to all, I am extremely excited for the extreme canopy tour in PV and dont want it to be cancelled :( Any past experiences you could share would be great!

Been on Splendor twice. Once in Nov and once in April - both times were very warm and beautiful. Luckily the weather in Cabo and PV is usually very nice. In fact, Cabo hardly gets any rain at all. Don't worry, you'll almost certainly be fine. ;)

Been there in September and October (and a few other months).

September will be hot. It is the tail end of the rainy season so rain is very possible. One of my favorite cruise memories was sitting on our aft balcony, raining, sun just went down, fireworks were going off south side of town, beer in my hand, watching the buses pull in and out of Wallyworld.......

As a reminder Sep and Oct is hurricane season just like in the Carribean. You could get rerouted due to weather. This just happened just a couple of weeks ago because of a tropical depression.

Also my wife and I did the Splendor Mexican Riv in Sep 2009 for our day in Cabo we had horrible wind just after noon and we never made it to shore they barely got the people on shore back onto the ship because Cabo is a tender port.

We went in 2009, left September 29. Had great weather, up until Cabo - we went snorkeling this day and although it was sunny, waves were starting to pick up. DH was seasick on the boat to the snorkeling spots.

By evening time, ship was rocking. Waiter went to pour water from pitcher to refill our glasses and missed the glasses!

The next day it had cooled and we had some rain due to a tropical low.

We had a great cruise! Enjoy!

Archived