Pack & Go rates, are these the lowest?

bethaniesmom

started looking at a cruise yesterday that is in like 70 days. Today the price went down 160 for the cabin from yesterday's rate and says Pack & Go rate. Is this common this close to sail date? we generally book way ahead of time so this is new territory for me. The rate still seems a little high to me because we generally sail from the east coast (this is from New Orleans), I am wondering if they might come down further or is Pack & Go pretty much the lowest? Also, it is not available on all categories.

Any experience with this?

Beverly

Normally Pack and go are good rates.

Keep in mind they are for a category of cabin and not a specific cabin. They are also non-refundable in any way. Usually they are not 70 days out. usually more like a week or 3.

That may be the best rate.

The closer to the sail date the cheaper they get. And it's very helpful if you are not too fussy about the ship or itinerary.

We haven't done it yet, but since we are retired and can drive to Miami I have told my DH that maybe next year we'll wait till the very last minute and see what's available. There are some Carnival ships as low as $ 500 for a 7 day cruises next month.

P&G rates are usually pretty good...it's definitely a guessing game on whether you can get a better rate later...we've done one for a balcony...ended up with an extended balcony and it was a great deal. If you are OK with not having a specific cabin assignment before you go, then I say go for it!

They are usually the cheapest rates and they put them up for only 1-3 days till the amount of cabins they have to sell sell and then they go away. It is a sailing that has not sold enough cabins. Remember they are guarantee cabins - not specific cabins. Also the future cruise credit is NOT combinable...

Archived