What size bungee and magnet?

Csnorrco

Sailing on the Legend in August...I'm planning on bringing a bungee to hold the balcony door open. What size bungee cord do I need? (unstretched 10", 12", 18", 24", etc)?? I have also heard to bring a magnet so the air conditioning will stay on...what size magnet will I need? Thank you in advance.

Why in the world do you want to keep the door open all night? It's hot, humid, and messes up the air conditioning. As an old Florida girl i can still hear my dad saying "Close the door, I can't afford to aircondition the great outdoors". :D Seriously, I don't get it :confused:

not sure about others but we are sailing in Dec so it will be cooler and living in maryland all my life i know the joys of humidity and actually enjoy it, but even so if we dont leave it open all night long atleast a bit keeping it propped open during the day or evening would be nice

Why in the world do you want to keep the door open all night? It's hot, humid, and messes up the air conditioning. As an old Florida girl i can still hear my dad saying "Close the door, I can't afford to aircondition the great outdoors". :D Seriously, I don't get it :confused:

Either do I Carnival is reading this board ???

Why?? Really?? Why would you want to keep open a door that will bring in all the humid, damp air? Why would you want to waste all of that energy?? You can't waste like that!!! Why don't you stay home and sleep with your window open instead?

we've used both a 6in and 10in bungee depending on the door and how we want to keep it open. Anything longer will work too just have to wrap it around afew times.

Why would you want the door open and the AC on full time? The nice cool air will just go out the door.

To answer your question without all the political comments which you did not ask for,an 8 inch bungee cord should be ample and a regular size refrigerator size magnet,or calling card business style magnet is large enough. Enjoy your humidity, it's your cruise!!

from what i have been told and read is that you can adjust the temp of your ac so if you raise the temp to 80 it will only cut on if the room gets hotter then that plus you can also run just the fan with no cold air coming out on the units so it will circulate the air as i said we are sailing in dec so the temps will be cooler then if we were to be sailing in mid summer

and all i was asking was what size bungee cord and magnet i NEVER asked to be flamed about wanting the door open for periods of time to have the ocean air blowing in or me or the sounds of the waves and birds

but so sorry i asked this question...starting to think it is not a very friendly forum to ask newbie questions

from what i have been told and read is that you can adjust the temp of your ac so if you raise the temp to 80 it will only cut on if the room gets hotter then that plus you can also run just the fan with no cold air coming out on the units so it will circulate the air as i said we are sailing in dec so the temps will be cooler then if we were to be sailing in mid summer

and all i was asking was what size bungee cord and magnet i NEVER asked to be flamed about wanting the door open for periods of time to have the ocean air blowing in or me or the sounds of the waves and birds

but so sorry i asked this question...starting to think it is not a very friendly forum to ask newbie questions

Don't let a few responses ruin CC for you... there is SO much to be learned here! Just have to take it all with a grain of salt..

:-)

Have a great cruise

Why?? Really?? Why would you want to keep open a door that will bring in all the humid, damp air? Why would you want to waste all of that energy?? You can't waste like that!!! Why don't you stay home and sleep with your window open instead?

OMG!!! Like Really?? Serously!! I can't believe how silly I sound. I know Right???!!!???

Internet over-reaction LOL

Why don't you just let people do what they want and not try to push your personnal feelings and wants on to them. The OP just asked a simple basic legitimate question and you have decided that you do not like it so you flame them. I and many others enjoy leaving our doors open to listen to the ocean passing by as we sleep. And will continue to do so.

I am with you BuffPuff! I am a southern girl but I love the fresh air. Even over AC. My husband is an AC nut and I would much rather have the fresh air and the humidity. Those around my age will remember growing up without it when we were younger and we lived through it. All we had until we moved in 78 was an attic fan and it was fine for me! I still would rather use my attic fan than turn on the AC!

Sorry that I came across so harsh....I wish the OP a wonderful cruise.

We all need to be careful of the way in which we use our natural resources and consume energy in order to ensure a future to our children. If each person wastes just a litte....the overall waste is significant.

Once again....when I read my post I realized I was over the top....sorry.

Every cruise we have ever been on the door is open all night. I always bring 3 cords of different sizes to make it work. This Florida buy loves hearing the ocean at night and the fresh air. Never had to use a magnet to keep the a/c going, even on Legend. It's always stayed on no matter what...and I don't care.

Your air conditioner will not run when the balcony door is open so there is really no need for a bungee cord or a magnet.

Now that's some big annoying font...

I hope you don't always type on here that way :rolleyes:

Your air conditioner will not run when the balcony door is open so there is really no need for a bungee cord or a magnet.

The bungee holds the door open...the magnet goes on the Contact on the door frame that will then keep the air conditioner running while the door is open...

Bringing a bungee cord was the best tip we got prior to our first cruise! Hearing the ocean and getting the breeze all night was one of the highlights of our trip and I slept better than I have just about anywhere else!! Can't wait to do it again on the Legend in December!!! I think we brought along an 18" - you can always make a longer one work by wrapping a couple of times! Enjoy that wonderful sea air!!!:)

Sailing on the Legend in August...I'm planning on bringing a bungee to hold the balcony door open. What size bungee cord do I need? (unstretched 10", 12", 18", 24", etc)?? I have also heard to bring a magnet so the air conditioning will stay on...what size magnet will I need? Thank you in advance.

Get a fifteen footer. That will allow you to tie one end to the toilet seat and one end tithe door... Just in case.

Archived